Friday Feature 3/9/2018 : Emotions in EiF

The latest on the Empire in Flames!
Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 pm

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

I am really very excited about this week's Friday Feature. It was compiled and editied by Agent Orange Juice (AOJ) (Jenniveve in game). If you aren't aware, AOJ decorated several rooms on Jato, our space station. He is also an amazing artist who has created portraits for several of our community. AOJ… awesome work! Sandarie, Community Manager Emotes with Animations Star Wars Galaxies features a wide variety of canned emotes, a full list of which can be found in-game under the “Social” tab of the “Commands & Abilities” window (Default Ctrl+A). Each of these emotes has three variations: A “standard” version that has no target, a ...

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:44 pm

I am quite new to SWG galaxies as a whole, but I admit I found this feature both impressive and familiar.

I find it impressive because in comparison to other MMOs, that have barely a few emotes at all, such extensive support for social commands is commendable. Whoever coded these things in the original game really cared for roleplay and social interaction and not only for mechanics (which were awesome to boot).

But I also find it familiar as someone who played extensively and still plays text-based multiplayer games (the MUDs, Multi User Dungeons), since in those games moods and social work in a very similar or identical way.

But indeed, Star Wars Galaxies is the first MMO I really find that gives me the vibe of text, as much as a graphical medium can achieve at least. If anything because basically anything can be done through command line.

You made a very didactical and useful write-up, thanks a lot, Sandarie!

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:11 pm

Oh, the author is Agent Orange Juice, sorry for the mistake. Still kudos to him then for the informative piece. :)

Highborn

Post by Highborn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:48 pm

played since pre-CU, never knew chat was so flexible, now I might even try rp!
check it out...
/stoopid_happy /scream >AgentOrangeJuice THANK YOU!!!
pretty kewl right? ok, needs work, but still :P

Halyn
Site Admin

Re: Friday Feature 3/9/2018 : Emotions in EiF

Post by Halyn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 pm

I'll be honest, there was stuff in that FF that I didn't know...just goes to show, there's always something new to learn.