A quick foray into going Commando

Feedback, comments, and questions relating to the Commando profession
Pizza The Hutt

A quick foray into going Commando

Post by Pizza The Hutt » Tue May 02, 2017 9:28 am

I briefly played with the Commando on the Test Center and I feel that having the tools of the profession without requiring a massive point investment makes it much more feasible even with minor changes to the content of the "profession".

My experiences - Flamethrowers and their abilities seem to be much quicker while still doing a reasonable amount of damage - using things like Flame Single/Cone 2 did not give me an attack cooldown of several seconds that I'd been accustomed to. Unfortunately the bluefrog did not have any HAR (which I've always wanted an excuse to use) so I'm hoping to muck around with that once the servers come live.

Anyone care to share your experiences with the Commando profession on the test center? :D

Ryian Coron

Re: A quick foray into going Commando

Post by Ryian Coron » Tue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm

So what skills would work best with Commando?

AFAIK the other combat oriented professions rely on one or more skills (seriously, can't we call them classes or something like that?) to give them a weapon specific focus. Commando provides these itself (or simply there are no heavy weapon specific mods, hell if I know) and thus doesn't really benefit from a particular skill.

So I wonder, would it be best to pick the skill with the best defense mods?
Would a Commando/Medic/Creature Handler work?

Halyn
Site Admin

Re: A quick foray into going Commando

Post by Halyn » Wed May 03, 2017 9:36 am

Ryian Coron wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:19 pm
So what skills would work best with Commando?

AFAIK the other combat oriented professions rely on one or more skills (seriously, can't we call them classes or something like that?) to give them a weapon specific focus. Commando provides these itself (or simply there are no heavy weapon specific mods, hell if I know) and thus doesn't really benefit from a particular skill.

So I wonder, would it be best to pick the skill with the best defense mods?
Would a Commando/Medic/Creature Handler work?
There's some very strong potential there - but you also may want to consider your defenses. Commando as it stands has no damage mitigation for either ranged or melee. Picking up, say, Teras Kasi Artist would add Melee Damage mitigation and lessen the damage you're going to take when someone charges into your flamethrower and attempts to cut your arm off with a lightsaber.