Electric Banthas

Write stories with friends. Open them up for anyone to participate, or for a set group of people. Either way everyone can enjoy the journey.

NOTE: All entries and replies are to be In Character. There is usually a comment thread in the Stories/Journal Comments forum for OOC comments and questions.
Bean

Electric Banthas

Post by Bean »

The sound of wet mud around his boots is maddening. Every step, he sinks over his ankles, and when he lifts his foot again, the mud tris to rip his boot off. After ten minutes, his boots had filled with mud. That was an hour ago.

"Come on, you cheap little piece of Imperial army trash. Give me some good news. Tell me he's fallen in a hole and has stopped moving." The pink skinned male looks at nothing for a moment. "No dammit! What the hell does 'Error Hyrdo Fault' even mean?! Don't give me that!"

A set of eyes, a few hills over, watches cautiously, adjusting her grip on the bowcaster. Another soft hairless, wandering around in the wilderness. He hasn't seen her yet, maybe it's best to stay out of the way. He might be unstable.

The male figure throws his hands up at nothing, and slips backwards into the mud. He laughs, slapping the ground with his hands. "Of course! Should have seen this coming! It's not mud till it all over your clothes!"

If not for the mud, the figure would be regarded as well dressed. Once crisp pants, cut to the standard of Core world fashion, and a light green shirt, tight around the chest. The overcoat, was a bit rough like most clothing on the planet, but when he wasn't falling flat, the man managed to look sharp. Which was, given the surroundings, entirely pointless. A blaster pistol, inadequate for anything on the planet that would regard a shouting, bipedal figure as an easy meal, hung in a leather holster, again in a fashionable style for somewhere far away.

The other figure, however, came prepared. Simple hide and fabric coverings, something most of her people considered optional, kept the rain and mud from chilling her too deeply. Her weapons, the heavy blade and the equally heavy bowcaster, would make easy work of some of the mid-sized creatures. Hopefully the larger beasts were staying out of the rain. Her only consideration to fashion was the accent colors on her apparel, blue, to accent her eyes. She approaches closer, sure his own stomping footsteps and the sheets of rain could cover her approach.

He slowly moves to his feet, flinging mud off his hands, and checking the port in his left wrist. The cover was still intact, which was a relief. Digging mud out of a computer sucked, and it being a part of your body didn't help. The rain soaked his green-dyed hair to his scalp, and the electrical contact patch around his eye made his bones feel cold. He moves forward, slipping and sticking in the mud and grass. A lightning bolt, and a electronic buzzing from his control datapad."Of course it got hit by lightning. Of course. Because you don't take a cheapo probe droid in to the wild on Dantooine! But no one tells you that you're going to Dantooine, because who the hell! Goes! To Dantooine!" he shouts into the rain, stomping and shaking his fists.

Another chime from his datapad, and he turns on a heel. "Hi. I suppose you're here to make me more miserable. Somehow."

The female Wookiee groans a response, and the Zeltron's look drips from miserable to dumbfounded. "Well this is gonna be a trick. You can understand me?" The wookiee nods a response. "Well, we're half way to a decent conversation, then," he opines as he rubs a temple with his forefinger. "Here's the short of it, I... Don't know anything you're saying. But, as you can probably guess, I have a problem. A series of problems. But for now, there's two," he says, holding up two fingers. "First, I'm in the middle of no where on Dantooine. Second, I'm looking for someone. If you can help me solve those two problems I can give you... A thousand credits."

The Wookiee raises an eyebrow, stepping closer. She pats her chest for a moment, and roars. The Zeltron follows her hand, and nods. "Dunno what that means, but my name is Xazo." The Wookiee nods, and then holds up her bowcaster, and roars again as she brings it to her shoulder and imitates recoil, before turning back to the Zeltron, head tilted to one side. "Okay, getting there. No, no, I'm not going to kill him. We need to have a chat," replies the Zeltron, holding up a holoprojector, which displays the image of a thick-necked Zabrak. "Last I heard, he was heading out from... Whatever settlement is..." Xazo pauses, looking back over his shoulder, then back forward, then to either side. "Well, a settlement near here. On foot. Hopefully he's having the same time of it I am."

The Wookiee grins, and a sound like laughter can be heard. "I'm gonna assume that's the same in every language, and yeah, laugh all you want. I'm out of my element. I'm not even on the same table. You want the credits?" The female nods. "You help me find him, and get me back to somewhere with alcohol and a shuttle, a thousand credits, in hand. Deal?" asks Xazo, hand extending. The Wookiee, short for her species, nods, and shakes the hand vigorously. She turns, looking to the hilltops around her, as the Zeltron shakes out the new kink in his hand. She picks a direction, and motions him to follow.

Feeling generous, the Wookiee picks a path of relatively dry ground up the side of the hill. She reaches the top quickly, while the Zeltron takes a bit longer. He reaches the top, out of breath. She motions her head and points, out in the plains below the hill. Off in the distance, another figure stomps through the mud. "This may pay off yet," Xazo states, moving towards the edge of the hill. A large, hairy arm stops him, then the hand points down another part of the hill, rocky, but stable. "Appreciate it."

They make their way down the hill, and the Wookiee moves away, into the small hills and trees. Xaso, running on adrenaline and the fact that the plain isn't entirely mud, makes quick time, and soon he's within speaking distance. "Hosin Krohl, stop!" The Zabrak turns, eyes wide and brow furrowed. Almost immediately, he takes off, as close to a sprint as he can. The Zeltron follows, and finding his footing, catches up to the Zabrak. Diving into Hosin's back, he sends them both into the mud.

The Zabrak is large. And strong. The two roll and throw punches, but the Zabrak finds his way to the top of the struggle. He rears back a punch, but almost magically, is lifted and slammed against a tree. His view is filled with teeth and hair, and his ears with a ferocious roar. "What the hell, you brought a damn Wookiee after me?!"

"Don't flatter yourself, she was here already. Can you hold him for a minute? I need to see his face." The Wookiee grunts, holding the Zabrak's arms with one large hand, and another across his chest. "Perfect," affirms the Zeltron, pulling a cheap datapad and a slightly more expensive camera from his pockets. "Hosin Krohl, by the protocols of the Nal Hutta Civil Alliance, you've been served," states Xazo, holding up the datapad next to the Zabrak's head and pressing a button on the camera. "You will be at the tribunal at the date and time listed, or a Level 3 Arrest Warrant will be issued. No verbal confirmation of your understanding is necessary." The Zeltron slides the datapad into Hosin's pocket, and the camera in his own. "You can let him go. We're done here. If he does anything else now, I can shoot him."

The Wookiee releases the Zabrak's arms, and he falls into the mud, as the two make their way through the mud. As they move around the edge of a small hill a ways away, Xazo asks, "You wanna make some real money?"
Kanten Kania (Wiley Old Man)
Darrando Rivet (Has Rancor, Will Travel)
Koga Veki (Showtime)
Smallcorners

Re: Electric Banthas

Post by Smallcorners »

Saltarkkata glances at the man, considering the offer, she made enough for herself just working around Agathon, but her needs were few, simple. However she had heard Eti's family talking about the increase in travel fees, and she knew that her entertainer friend was not leaving the planet as often lately to work contracts. While Eti had not complained yet, Salt knew the young woman kept a close tab on her accounts, especially the one marked 'Projects'.

Truth be told, she herself was restless. Salt missed her mate, Wooraabecca, but the two never seemed to manage to be in the same place at the same time. Or he was on business that was not proper her to be at. Besides, following the man about Dantooine would not only earn her some credits for her friend's projects, it would save her the effort of having to find his body later.

Just outside of Agathon she paused, extended her hand towards Xazo. "Sure, for now."