Operation Black Hole: The Crimson Dagger sends his regards.

Write stories with friends. Open them up for anyone to participate, or for a set group of people. Either way everyone can enjoy the journey.

NOTE: All entries and replies are to be In Character. There is usually a comment thread in the Stories/Journal Comments forum for OOC comments and questions.
kevmascolcha

Operation Black Hole: The Crimson Dagger sends his regards.

Post by kevmascolcha »

An odd post can be found while browsing the Holonet, with several attached holovid recordings.

The first one is of an inquisitor in ornate robes, being hurled out of the shattered window of a Coruscant high-rise with a burst of lightning.

The second one is of a more armored inquisitor, smoldering and pinned to a bulkhead on what appeared to be an Imperial Star Destroyer with a circular-hilted saberstaff. He can be seen groaning in pain one moment, and then the next his groans turn into blood-curdling screams as he is consumed by intense flames, burning him to ash.

The next one is of another armored inquisitor holding a saberstaff and sending a punch in the direction of the camera while saying mockingly "You can find freedom in your death then". A loud, booming bombastic voice replies while a kick is sent in his direction, "It is not freedom, if I do not set the terms." The Inquisitor can be seen keeling over in pain after said punch is met with a black boot, the dense armor plating shattering the bones in his hand. Seconds later the same bombastic voice can be heard saying "The terms of my freedom do not include my demise." as a silver lightsaber blade can be seen decapitating the Inquisitor.

The next image is of the back of a female inquisitor, then getting impaled by the same silver blade, as if caught unawares and stabbed in the back.

The final image is of an Inquisitor holding out a circular hilted saberstaff, the blade rotating 360 degrees as the built in servos spun them rapidly. Then suddenly it sparked and malfunctioned, erupting into a massive explosion. After a few moments the dust settled and nothing remained of the inquisitor but a pile of ash on the floor.

After all 5 holovid recordings have been watched, a message can be found.

"The Crimson Dagger sends his regards."
Kev-Mas Colcha - Echani/Thyrsian Sun Guard
Norin Durame - Human New Republic Intelligence Operative
kevmascolcha

Re: Operation Black Hole: The Crimson Dagger sends his regards.

Post by kevmascolcha »

Sólvörgilhyum, Thyrsus, Office of the Supreme Sun Guardian

Kev-Mas Colcha sat in meditation, beginning his day as he usually did, seeking guidance and inspiration from the Force, gleaning whatever wisdom he could find from communing with it. In recent days it was rare that he’d get any guidance, but today was different. A strange telepathic voice, which Kev-Mas recognized as the same one that guided him on his path to restoring the Sun Guard after the Battle of Endor almost two years ago once again offered its wisdom to him.

“Your plans to expand your territory will only end in failure should you go about it in the way that you plan.”

“Why?”
Kev-Mas replied telepathically.

“If you attempt to conquer the world of the many moons, a good friend will become your enemy. For his name means he who conquers, not he who is conquered.”

“Victus…”

“Yes. Eshan is not yours for the taking, but it can still be yours for befriending. Use your connections to your advantage. They do you more credit than you realize. Seek their counsel, not their submission. If not, you are no better than your former master.”

Kev-Mas roused himself from his meditation, activating his eyes and staring blankly at the ceiling for a few moments, a silver glow shining on the black marbled surface as he gathered his thoughts. He then directed his gaze forwards and rose to his feet as he waved a hand over his right temple, making a call to an old friend...

Moments passed before the holographic image of a robed man, arms clasped behind his back appeared. His back faced the receiver, unseen by Kev-Mas was him gazing out a large window into the view beyond. “One hopes you are aware, of the late hour in which you reach out.”The figure turned, revealing the large scar upon his right eye and ever familiar stoic expression. “Though it does please me to see you Ser Colcha, your timing is, as ever, horrid.”

“It’s good to see you as well, Lord Victus.”
Kev-Mas replied with a grin, his glowing silver eyes creating a slight bit of glare in his holographic image.“I trust you’ve seen the news about my Sun Guard’s dealings on Eshan? I have a feeling you’ve been more involved with your homeworld as of late.”

“If you are referring to the death of the Imperial Spy by one wearing Sun Guard armor, then yes.”
Victus closed his eyes, and very slowly let out a breath,“I had been observing that one for a time. His placement was masterfully done, I would tip my hat to whoever did it were I still Imperial, little details don’t escape the eyes of true Inquisitors however, even if I no longer hold allegiance to the shadow of that group that exists now.”

Opening his eyes the hologram gazed forward at his distant colleague.“I had intended to quietly assassinate the fellow if he proved to be more of a nuisance than amusement but that has gone out the airlock as it were.”A hand motioned forward,“As for you, you’re making a name for yourself, too much of one if you ask me. But you were always one for making noise while I much prefer the comfort of shadows. I take it this isn’t a pleasure call however, since you’re using our old frequency.”

Kev-Mas chuckled lightly.“In this case, subtlety isn’t something I pay much mind to. In case you’ve been paying attention to the holonet, you might notice that I’ve been making strides to catch the attention of Imperial Intelligence. Seems they still haven’t caught the hint yet though. I guess I’ll have to be more obvious next time. One would think that an organisation who wants me dead would have taken the bait… or perhaps they realize that it was exactly what it was - bait.”

He shrugged“Ah well. What have you been up to? Was my prediction about you being more involved with the Echani as of late correct? I hear whispers in the Force, but they’re vague and cryptic and I need to know if my interpretation is correct.”

“To a degree,” Victus conceded, “I have been at Eshan for more than half a year now, mostly observing. Little hints and tips here and there to keep things interesting. I could probably decemate the entire imperial presence on this planet in a few weeks but that would be too much chaos and a lot more bloodshed than I would like. I am not quite ready to reveal myself to the greater galaxy. I would like my return to be somewhat more... dramatic.”

He turned back to face away from Colcha, admiring some unseen view. “Tell me Colcha, you remember our days as the Shadow Guard yes?”

Kev-Mas made a wry grin. “Ah, yes. Of course. You’ve got far more patience than I do. Then again, one could say that waiting over 40 years to make my childhood ambitions come true is the truest test of patience one could have, even though that 40 year wait was all because of… circumstances I had no control over.”

He deactivated his eyes in contemplation, the silver glow fading from view momentarily. “I do remember though. How could I not? What about it?”

“Remember, before the VT-49’s? When they would assign us cargo ships, partially gutted to facilitate our needs? Ubiquitous things, the old Action series, the occasional YT or YZ series, or if you were lucky one of those fancy Arakyd models.” 
He snorted at that,“I remember hearing about ISB agents having anuresums after learning that, upon forcing the end of that production line, the Empire itself bought a large portion of the remaining stock.”

“I myself was assigned an old Wayfarer... still have it tucked away somewhere, for nostalgia.”
He let out a sigh, seemingly lost in reverie.“Those were simpler, and somewhat happier days. Galavanting around the galaxy for a higher, if flawed, cause. Playing spy, enforcer. In hindsight it was almost a holonovela style situation. Acting as sanctioned mercenaries, a seasoned commander with special powers, a dedicated and loyal crew, all operating out of a clandestine craft in plain sight of the people we were hunting down.”

“Yes, I remember,” replied Kev-Mas,”So you’re saying that they’re very likely still using that tactic. Good to know.”

“Why do you think I had the cloaking device stripped out of my fighter and put into the
Wolvesbane all those years ago?”That, and he was never much of a fighter pilot.“The shadow that is Imperial Intelligence is not stupid, they are almost as skilled as we were back in the day, but even back then, we made mistakes, because a Military ship can’t truely act like a civilian one, the rigid nature of being military doesn’t go away. Eyes open friend, you’ll see what you need to see.”

Kev-Mas paused for a moment, as if he had an epiphany, raising his hand to his chin and thumbing his beard, twirling his fingers through it.“I’ll have scout teams scan the sector then. Do thorough scans of any freighters they can find. With any luck, we’ll find our Imperial spies before they crawl back to the core.”

Victus nodded, but didn’t say anything else on the subject.“Now, onto why you really called?”

“We hope to expand our territory, just as the Sun Guard of old have done. Except this time we won’t abandon our home. I was hoping you had some advice for me in regards to that.”

Victus furrowed his brow, “Expansion...”  A sigh followed, “You are either destined for greatness or a fiery doom.” The former Inquisitor moved, and the hologram followed as he found a chair, a partial image of a desk appearing. “If I were you, I would look at the age of expansion of our own galaxy. Ord Mantel, Ord Klina, Ord Ivarn... Ordnance/Regional Depot. Footholds in expansion efforts. I would also look outside the known limits of civilization. Were you to try and conquer say, any world near here, the Echani would fall upon you, along with any other neighboring local governments and militaries. Keep your home, but build your empire away from it.”

“Ah yes, I received the same warnings as whispers in the Force. I suppose that I shall use the two bits of wisdom you gave me in tandem. First scout out the sector for imperials hiding in cargo vessels, and use what we’ve learned there to hone our sensors for an eventual expedition. Wild Space seems like a prime target…”

Kev-Mas paused for a moment, looking upwards in contemplation. “As for the space between our territory… I’d say that if we cannot build there, perhaps we can at least find friends there. The New Republic is rising in power, and they of course share my distaste for the Empire. Perhaps an ally can be found in them. After all, one of their strongholds - Dac, is at the border of Wild Space. Thank you for your counsel, old friend. Hopefully with your advice I will indeed be destined for greatness, and can avoid the fiery doom you warned me of.”

“I hope so...” 
Victus clasped his hands before him, his face turned away. “Just remember. I am the one who conquers old friend, and my plans are long, my patience great, my vision clear. I will aid you as I can, but my focus will remain elsewhere. Such is the way of things.”

“Yes…” 
Kev-Mas trailed off, balling his right hand into a fist and cupping it with his left, as if he was massaging it,“That is what the whispers reminded me of - the meaning of your name. It’s why I called you. An interpretation that proved to be correct. That shall be all for now though, my friend, thank you for your time. Colcha out.”

“May the voices that guide us, guide us true old friend.” And with that, the hologram wavered, and then vanished. The self named Lord Inquisitor, left to his own machinations, but now more aware of ways to aid the Crimson Dagger, when the time came.

After the call ended, Kev-Mas made a call to a fellow Sun Guard, the Twisuns Legate known as Nerida Krayt.

“Twisuns Legate Krayt, please report to my office. I have a new assignment for you.”
Kev-Mas Colcha - Echani/Thyrsian Sun Guard
Norin Durame - Human New Republic Intelligence Operative