Cantina - (Open to all)

Write stories with friends. Open them up for anyone to participate, or for a set group of people. Either way everyone can enjoy the journey.

NOTE: All entries and replies are to be In Character. There is usually a comment thread in the Stories/Journal Comments forum for OOC comments and questions.
Falkroth

Re: Cantina - (Open to all)

Post by Falkroth » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Savoring each bite, Atlos pushed the plate and the pile of credits back across the bar. Pie like that was worth a heavy tip. "Keep the credits. Contact me if you hear anything. I'll take another piece of pie for now." The IG unit crept up to his shoulder. "That was what she used to make for you isn't it?" Atlos didn't respond. He just waved for IG-87 to watch the door and took another pull from his ale.

Kelta

Post by Kelta » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:58 pm

The fur-clad woman's voice is heavily accented as she speaks."I come to barter." She holds her hands in front of her, palms up. "I have no credits."

She looks the pink female over as if she is sizing her up. She pulls out a tooled leather bag which is heavily embossed. She shows it to the female with hair the color of waterfalls. "I make you something. Shirt?" She hesitantly raises leathers the color of the inside of a meiloorun melon. "For--" She eyes the other customers. "For food," she finishes.
Boss Lady!

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Meg smiles warmly at the woman, nodding her acceptance. "I would love a shirt. I think that color would suit both my skin *and* my hair! I'm going to bring out some more of my Pikatta pie. I think you'll like it. Something to drink with that?"

While Meg's attention was mostly upon the woman before her. running a station like this had taught her to pay attention to everything. There was actually very little she missed, including most of what the IG said to the Nautolan. It wasn't really any of her business. What was her business was the smooth running of the station. After placing the orders for the pies, she added two orders of her chocolate mousse cake as well. Then looked to her other datapad, adding a few more instructions for other areas of Port Jato.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Kelta

Post by Kelta » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:51 pm

"Water?" The female asks.

She pins her long black hair back with an engraved stick, revealing periwinkle tattoos swirling across her face. She pulls out the supple hide and begins to puncture it with a bone needle. As she works, she eyes the tall battered metal that is standing across the bar. She watches it carefully as her fingers move with the sureness of long experience.
Boss Lady!

Falkroth

Post by Falkroth » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:58 pm

The IG unit's head stops swiveling to focus on the woman across the bar. It sizes her up, combat protocols deciding she isn't much of a threat and continues its vigilant watch over his master. Atlos waits patiently for his second piece of pie while watching the woman work on the shirt. Wonders of the galaxy may never cease to interest him. He addresses her carefully. "How does a witch from the singing mountain clan come to be on a space station far from home trading a shirt for food?"

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:12 pm

After pouring a tall glass of cool, distilled water for the strange, yet beautiful woman, Megan checks on her other customers. The other servers have been busy waiting on the tables in the outer circle. Some patrons watching the dancers and listening to the live band she'd convinced to come play at the station. It had not taken much convincing, they were desperate to get away from from nonsense on Tatooine and Port Jato provided a long distance from there.

FoodieBlue, her assistant droid, came rolling up with a tray expertly balanced. Meg relieved the R2 unit of it's burden and peeked beneath one of the warming lids. It looked perfect. She set the lid aside and placed it the plate before the Nautolan with a little wink and a grin. "There ya go! I hope you enjoy the second as much as the first!" Reaching over, the little Zeltron pulled a smaller plate to the man's area, this one laden with a generous slice of cake. "This one is on the house. It's also my own recipe."

Meg then repeated the serving motions, as she set a plate of the pie and another of her chocolate mousse cake before the woman in furs. "Let me know if you want more."
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Kelta

Post by Kelta » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:57 pm

The "witch" blinks and looks at the green alien. Her surprise shows in her uplifted brows and widened pupils. She looks him over again, more carefully. "You are not a T'doshok." She is interrupted as the pink woman places food in front of her. The "witch" thanks the pink female and carefully packs away the leathers, leaving the bone needle laying beside her plate.

She turns back to the green one. "What means 'witch'?" she asks carefully. She eyes the food not sure what it is. She looks at the green alien's plate and then at her own. She takes a tentative bite, then eats with gusto.
Boss Lady!

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

Meg smiled as she watched the woman dig into the food. She note the conversation being struck up between the pair eating her pies and moved on to check on her droid and the little golden one who'd crashed into each other earlier.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Kelta

Post by Kelta » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:10 am

The 'witch' finishes her food and guzzles the water in her glass. One would think she hadn't eaten in a while.

She carefully cleans her fingers and the counter with a rag from her pocket. After putting the rag away, she pulls out the supple leather and begins to pull sinew through the holes she has punctured. She ties off the sinew when she reaches the bottom. A deliciously sharp dagger flashes out and severs the sinew, disappearing just as quickly back to wherever she pulled it from. She flicks the leather out and holds it up, appraising the garment. Then she takes the bone needle and begins to puncture the other side of the leather shirt. She waits patiently for the green alien to explain himself.
Boss Lady!

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:20 am

Megan quietly slides up to the woman crafting her shirt, refilling her glass with water. After observing the craftsmanship going into the garment, the little Zeltron speaks softly to the woman. "You do excellent work. Would you like another one of the Pikatta pies? A single plate of pie isn't really a fair exchange for what you are providing in trade."
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager