Cantina - (Open to all)

Write stories with friends. Open them up for anyone to participate, or for a set group of people. Either way everyone can enjoy the journey.

NOTE: All entries and replies are to be In Character. There is usually a comment thread in the Stories/Journal Comments forum for OOC comments and questions.
Kelta

Re: Cantina - (Open to all)

Post by Kelta » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am

The fur-clad woman looks up from her work. Her eyes are uncertain. "More food?" She whispers. Her eyes sparkle hopefully--and may seem to glow for a moment. "If fair trade, then yes."

She pauses and a frown creases her brow. "To eat, you must work," she states emphatically, with a pound of her hand for emphasis. She seems to be doing an unconscious imitation of someone. She looks down at the garment. She runs her fingers over an embossed design. Then she looks again at the pink female. "Do you have work for me?"
Boss Lady!

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:30 am

Tilting her head to regard the woman across from her for a moment, the Zeltron nods. "I can always use someone with skills. I have this place to run and a restaurant planetside on Taanab." Looking thoughtfully over her shoulder at her sentient workers, then back to the woman with a growing grin she replies. "Well, since you asked and are obviously able to create quality work, what about creating uniforms for my staff here and those down in my restaurant?"

Meg pulled out an ordering datapad, getting the kitchen started on another Pikatta pie and slice of cake.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Kelta

Post by Kelta » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:44 pm

The "witch" glances at the assembled workers. She shakes her head slightly. "Too much work. I do not have the materials to do that." She indicates the station they are on. "Here I cannot forage for berries or hunt for leathers. I am sorry. I will not be able to do that work. Do you have other work for me?"

She takes a slow sip of her water, then resumes working.
Boss Lady!

Peetbink

Post by Peetbink » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:42 am

Ashisa takes a step into the establishment dragging a large bag behind her, shortly looks around careful not to make direct eye contact with anyone and heads for a center table. THe bag seems made of actual leather and much older then she is, the lack of maintenance has given it a dark brown color with drag marks all over it.
After sitting down she takes a old model datapad out of her bag, the screen had seen better day and flikkert every few seconds but she dint seem to mind at all. Anyone close enough would be able to see basic a transcript about the physical build of Phlogs.
As she whit high focus reads Her lips move slightly due to her tick to bite softly on them when she is concentrated.
Other then that there seems nothing remarkable about her appearance besides the small tattoo under her lips that is of the same color as her lips.
(OOC: SMC tattoo)

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:21 am

Goldie annoyedly shakes his dome a bit as his sensors come back online, beeping apologetically at the other droid:

Code: Select all

ooroo ooyoo-boodle kazang ewhree bop-beprow pip-boop-tong squee boop-oobloo ping
(Sorry, these crappy old legs and sensors broke down for a bit. Are you okay?)
Meanwhile, a blonde, fairly typical human walks into the cantina, wearing a light, black combat suit. He doesn't seem to be armed - it's more likely that he hasn't had the time to change into something more casual. He looks around for a while until he spots Goldie, then heads towards him.
Literal TranslationShow
sad hinder-trash feet join sight-devices past-no-work you not-hurt?
Last edited by dalolorn on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:45 am

Meg considers the woman sewing, then nods. "How do you feel about animals and cleaning up after them? I know it's not glamorous work, but I have some durnis which have arrived recently that need some tending to."

Over in another part of the bar, the droid Goldie ran into beeps and toots a little offended at the R2 unit. Than asked Goldie is it would like to visit maintenance.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:05 am

bip-jing bedip-eeyoo doop tip-jing po-boodle oodoo doop babop doosquee boppy
(I doubt it'll be too helpful - I'm mostly just patched together from scrap - but we could give it a shot, I guess.)
Overhearing that last bit, the human asks: "Give what a shot?"

doop whirdle zibuzz bedoop-beep-dooby beep-doop
(Going over to Maintenance for a checkup.)
The man thinks about this for a bit. "Well, I guess you could do with a little fixing... could be a while before we run into Fennla again."

Goldie decides not to waste any time, and beeps a question to the other droid:

ping bedoop-beep-dooby
(Where *is* Maintenance, anyway?)
Literal TranslationShow
0x1-chance very-future-helpful me 0xD-percent metal-trash opposite I little-think we try

*Nalth says stuff*

me move into droid-fix-place fix-me

*Nalth says more stuff*

where droid-fix-place?

Kelta

Post by Kelta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:24 am

The fur-clad woman looks up and smiles. "I have done so before and will now do again. It is good work. My name is EssiT'hur. My shortened name is Essi. I will tend to your animals once your shirt is done." A concerned look comes into her eyes. 'Unless they need tending now?"
Boss Lady!

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:31 pm

The Mistell's serving droid, an R3 unit, showed the evidence of being old and a bit battered, however it was obviously well cared for. With a tweet and beeps and others droidy sounds, it signaled the gold trimmed R2 unit to follow it down to maintenance on the bottom level of the station.

Meg grins at Essi. "I like that name, Essi. I'm Megan, but everyone calls me Meg." Grinning a little bit broader, as FoodieBlue rolled up with a tray of food. Meg pulled the plates from the tray, setting another Pikatta Pie and slice of chocolate mousse cake on the counter near the woman. "The animals are fine, last I checked. I have some droids up tending them for now. You finish your work and," indicating the fresh food, "eat this. I'll show you the atrium level and my office in a bit." WIth a welcoming smile, Meg moved off to attend to another customer in the space station's cantina.

Meg greets the woman with tattoo and large leather bag with one of her patented smiles, "Hey there. What can I get you?"
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Goldie follows the R3 unit towards the elevator, while his owner goes back to the ship to change into something more casual.