The Sarcos Endeavour (RP Background)

Write stories with friends. Open them up for anyone to participate, or for a set group of people. Either way everyone can enjoy the journey.

NOTE: All entries and replies are to be In Character. There is usually a comment thread in the Stories/Journal Comments forum for OOC comments and questions.
dalolorn

Re: The Sarcos Endeavour (RP Background)

Post by dalolorn »

A Shadow Over Agathon, Part ISPOILER_SHOW
*** Local network - Agathon, Dantooine, the day after the Imperial invasion ***

The message was not entirely unexpected - Besh had been listening to the conversation Bleras was having with an unknown Sullustan in Keeper's, so he had some idea of what was going on. Ask Fennla and Nalth if they want to get out of Agathon until the occupation's over, his master had typed into his datapad, knowing his Companion would pick it up. As if the fragile meatbags would say no to staying out of trouble.

He quickly showed the message to Aurek, then asked: You take her, I take Kaaru?

My thoughts exactly, she replied, directing her attention back to Fennla's datapad.

*** Agathon medcenter ***

"Fennla?" Aurek asked gently from the datapad. "Are you awake?"

Fennla slowly inhaled in a sort of half-yawn before sitting up in her bed. Fazza was still gone - he must have left before the Imperials blew up his house, but Aurie couldn't find him anywhere on the city's surveillance systems. Hopefully he was just out in the wilderness, blissfully unaware of the Imperial invasion. "I was trying not to be," she said after a few moments. "Haven't had much luck - I keep thinking about what the Imps did to Fazza's place. What's up?"

"If we could take everything useful from your workshop with us, would you be willing to leave Agathon? It'd just be until the occupation's over - it's not safe with all these Imperials around."

"L-leave? But we barely even-- What about our friends?" Fennla protested. "We can't leave them to fend for themselves."

"Staying here under these circumstances does no one any good," Aurie argued. "Agathon already attracts far too much of the Imperials' attention, and if they recognize you or Bleras… Nalth already has a target painted on his back; your association with him will undoubtedly put you in danger at a time like this."

"And Eti and the others? If they're staying--"

"That is their choice, and as dubious as it is well-meaning. They are taking an awful risk by staying here, and as your friend, I am telling you that we should leave."

"Okay, but... can we take Fazza along? They must've blown his house up for a reason, and at his age, I don't think even a Jedi could hold them off if they came for him."

"Fennla, we can't wait for him. If he's so far out of town that we still haven't seen him, then he's probably safe enough already; we aren't. Even at his age, he can take care of himself."

"Alright," Fennla reluctantly conceded. "I'm in."

*** Meanwhile, at Atie Droidworks ***

"I hope I'm not interrupting your brooding," a sarcastic voice came from the intercom. Nalth recognized it as Besh, Bleras' annoying Companion 'friend'.

With that attitude, he sometimes wondered how Bleras had managed not to deactivate him yet. "What do you want, Besh?" he asked.

"What any letter of the alphabet wants: to be acknowledged," Besh quipped. "Bleras wants to know if you'd be interested in getting away from Dantooine until the occupation blows over. Aurek's busy asking Fennla, so I get to deal with your moodiness instead."

Nalth suppressed a sigh at that remark. "Well, my mission's probably not going to work out under Imperial rule, and I'm probably a pretty easy target right now, so... sure, just gotta check with Adarom first.

"Better make it fast, our exit window closes pretty quickly."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it..." Nalth said, heading over to a computer terminal.

*** TO BE CONTINUED... ***
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter
dalolorn

Post by dalolorn »

Senator's Gambit, Part IISPOILER_SHOW
"You ignorant fool, what have you done?" the Coordinator demanded. "You were supposed to jam their transmissions!"

The Commander simply stood and smiled at the hologram. "You should be grateful," he remarked calmly, "for the opportunity I've given you. You wanted to test your toys, didn't you? Now we'll get to see what they're really capable of."

"You want to draw them into a fight," the Coordinator realized. "You're using the Senator as bait."

"I take it from your tone that I have your approval?"

"Not at all, no. But... the damage is done," the hologram conceded. "Take your ships off the battlefield, and oversee the repairs to the Farrseer yourself. Bring the hyperdrive back online as soon as you can. If the Republic takes the bait, we shall see if the prototype is powerful enough to shield you - or your mission - from the consequences of your actions."

"And if they don't?" the Commander asked.

"If they don't," the Coordinator coolly replied, "then you and I shall have words, pointed words, about the difference between standard Imperial doctrine and the way we have to operate." He then turned his attention to the Manipulator's captain: "Captain Milth, for the remainder of this mission, I am placing you and your forces under my direct authority. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir," the captain acknowledged. The display sickened the Commander, though he couldn't quite decide if it were disgust or simply envy of his former enemy. "I'll inform the captain of the Immovable right away."

"Good. Carry on, Commander - we wouldn't want to keep your prisoner waiting."

*** TO BE CONTINUED ***

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn »

Senator's Gambit, Part IIISPOILER_SHOW
The Commander stood stiffly in front of the holoterminal, waiting for the Coordinator to respond to his transmission. As inexpensive as it was, the battle was a failure - the Republic had managed to disable the Immovable's gravity well generators, and while the Farrseer remained under his control, the Commander was unable to leverage the Retrotenebris prototype's nigh-invulnerability to prevent them from rescuing the Senator.

In many ways, it had been worse than if the Republic had ignored Feruk's distress call altogether. "Commander, I told you," the Coordinator's cold reprimand could be heard even before his hologram had fully formed, "to perform one, simple task: Take the Senator and his ship, and bring them to me. Instead, you exposed us - worse still, you exposed one of our most promising weapons - to the Republic, and to anyone else who might have an interest in opposing us," he started raising his voice, "and in the process of turning this trivial test into a complete disaster, you put an invaluable asset out of action for months.

"Give me one good reason," he continued calmly after a few moments, "why I should not have you thrown back into the cell I took you from."

"You had every opportunity to pull us and the Senator out," the Commander countered, "but you chose - however reluctantly - to let me test the suit against a Republic rescue party. It would have worked, too, if it weren't for your pet bounty hunter showing up with his damned grenades. What'd you send him there for, anyway?"

"Kaaru has... developed something of an independent streak," the Coordinator explained. "I believe sending him to Agathon may have been a mistake; he has been forced into too many confrontations with the Empire in quick succession, and it has brought him to some unintended conclusions." He sighed before continuing: "Return to base. I will see if I can determine what our next move should be."