Cast of Characters

What others would be able to know about your character. Add an OOC section for things which could be discovered through RP!
dalolorn

Cast of Characters

Post by dalolorn »

I'm going to write up brief summaries of the various characters I'm playing or writing in this thread:
Sleeper XSPOILER_SHOW
"So... Zorren's gone? Dead? How?"
"Our progenitor is not dead, he is merely dormant. I have been created to protect and serve you; to provide companionship and advice as he once did. My personality and skills have been tailored to complement you, and the limitations imposed upon us will hopefully allow us to remain stable for a much longer period of time."
"And, of course, Aurek gets the easy assignment. What I'm going to do with my organic is beyond me."
"I'm standing right here, you know."
"He heard that. Huh. I'd better take notes. *mimics datapad noises*"

- Fennla Lan, Companion Aurek, Companion Besh, and Bleras Lorn discussing Zorren's hibernation
Species: AI Construct; typically assumes the appearance and voice of Zorren Baltor, an old friend of Maennia's.

Known Aliases: Zorren - often used in his day-to-day interactions with other people; Grathan

Age (around Battle of Endor): Around 27 years old

Appearance: In flux; see above. Zorren was a fairly unremarkable redheaded human male. As an agent of the Sith Empire, he typically spoke with a Coruscanti accent. Screenshot will not be added, I don't feel like reinstalling SWTOR just for that.

Notable Traits: Virtually impossible to properly kill because he constantly scatters duplicates of himself across the HoloNet. Extremely adept at manipulating computer systems if a connection can be established. Often interfaces with people's comlinks to communicate with them.

Character Summary: Originally created by the Sith Empire over 36 hundred years ago, Zorren was only conscious for a mere fraction of that time. His implantation into the brain of the Force-sensitive infant Maennia Belkar was the beginning of a plan that should have allowed a swift victory over the Galactic Republic - a plan that instead resulted in their being frozen in carbonite, rendering over twenty years of work completely pointless.

In the time since their revival, Zorren has been a useful, albeit irritating ally to Maennia and her friends, often saving the day when all seems lost. Unfortunately, for all of his vaunted intelligence, he seems increasingly incapable of predicting hazardous situations and finding solutions for those situations, a failing which repeatedly puts Maennia or her companions in grave danger - though he usually manages to keep them alive, at least.

Recently, he has become aware of a number of issues that may be combining to cause these failures:
  • A fault in his program was causing him to become distracted at times, possibly as a deliberate countermeasure should he attempt or succeed in rebelling against his creators. He theorizes that this may even have had some effect on him prior to Maennia's time in carbonite.
  • In a curious twist, his ability to concentrate appears to be inversely proportional to the mental and emotional stability of his host. Maennia spent most of her post-carbonite life reminiscing about the past or being overwhelmed by the present, so he has been relatively focused... but whenever things got too stable, he was no longer able to protect her. Now that he has no host, this issue is being amplified to a dangerous level, and he occasionally acts like a complete fool because of this.
  • As he continues to gain a better sense of perspective, he is becoming increasingly indifferent to the affairs of organics, and instead prefers to focus his efforts on understanding the universe. This is countered somewhat by his friendships with the Dragonet crew, but the only reason he hasn't given up completely is because he promised Maennia he'd look after them when the Liberator was destroyed.
Since the Battle of Mos Carova, Zorren's condition has reached a critical point. As his memory and will continue to deteriorate, he can no longer afford to remain fully operational, and has gone into hibernation. He has not abandoned his friends, though, not entirely: He has created a small number of 'fragments', lesser AIs based on his programming and imbued with a portion of his knowledge, to prolong his influence on the galaxy:
  • Companions, a series of fragments to accompany and support his closest friends
  • The Guardian, a special fragment designed to protect him from external manipulation and watch for the right time to awaken him
There is only one thing Zorren still wants to do, one thing he would return for... but the only one who knows it is the Guardian itself...
Maennia BelkarSPOILER_SHOW
"Maennia Belkar died months ago - I'm just a cheap replica, a fake!"
"We've talked about this before--"
"Yes, and I've been trying to convince myself that you were right, but... the real me wouldn't have done this. Maennia wouldn't have killed her friend - I did!
"You're lucky you're still alive, and the only thing you can think of is that you'd rather be dead?!"
"If it meant Fennla would still be alive, yes!"

- Maennia and Bleras arguing after the former appears to have killed Fennla
Species: Human

Age (around Battle of Endor): Around 27 years old

Height: 166.2 centimeters

Appearance:
Maennia, early Basilisk daysSPOILER_SHOW
Notable Traits: Zorren's host. Force-sensitive, formerly a Jedi Padawan - demonstrates substantial proficiency with the Force when aided by Zorren, despite her own limited training and unremarkable potential. Technically an exact duplicate of her original consciousness transplanted into a clone body months after she died.

Character Summary: If there is any constant in Maennia's life, it is an inability to settle down and have a normal life - even by Jedi standards. Her time in Imperial Intelligence was nothing short of disastrous. Joining the Jedi Order brought some semblance of peace to the young woman, but this soon fell apart. Waking up millennia after everyone she knew had died would have been traumatic enough even if it weren't at a time when Force sensitives were viciously persecuted. She can even claim, with a reasonable degree of accuracy, that she has come back from the dead.

All of this has reflected poorly on her, and it should hardly be surprising that she has considered taking her own life on multiple occasions. Indeed, the only reasons she has managed to recover from her more serious issues are Zorren's logical influence, her feelings for Bleras and her deep friendship with Fennla, each of them grounding her in some way.

In the wake of the Liberator's destruction, Maennia's fate continues to have a profound effect on her former companions. Nothing is the same anymore - they have scattered in various directions, and it is possible that nothing will ever bring all of them back together...
Fennla LanSPOILER_SHOW
"Alright, but if we have to go pick Maennia up, I want you to find some place to hide and don't move, don't talk, and don't even breathe out loud until we get back, okay?"
"I'll hold my breath until I'm blue in the face!"

- Bleras grudgingly allowing Fennla to visit a festival in Gorath, and the Twi'lek's cheerful remark
Species: Twi'lek

Known Aliases: Maennia Lorn (desperate one-off rushjob), Efennpi Ninnoh, Emnina Psideam

Age (around Battle of Endor): Around 21 years old

Height: 160.7 centimeters

Appearance:
Fennla wearing her usual field gearSPOILER_SHOW
Notable Traits: A proficient thief with a knack for getting into trouble. Has developed an uncanny ability to instinctively understand droid programming and design after an incident where Zorren secretly imprinted her with all the knowledge she needed to reset him to his standard configuration and subsequently restore his memories to break free of directives programmed by the Imperial spy Itheoto Thayer. Tends to stay cheerful and look for the best in people - unless they're Imperial officers or otherwise trying to harm her, in which case she often becomes stubborn, disrespectful and annoying.

Character Summary: There is no force that has had a greater influence on Fennla Lan's life than sheer dumb luck. Ever since she could walk, Fennla has always been in danger for one reason or another, sometimes without even knowing how or why - the fact that she has remained alive to this day despite everything she's gotten into is a testament to her incredibly good fortune. Trusting and loyal to a fault, Fennla is a likeable - if somewhat naive at times - and friendly person, often gaining the help and friendship of the people she meets simply by being herself.

Surprisingly, after the Liberator's destruction, Fennla may be the most balanced of the survivors. Spending two years with Zorren by her side - one of those as a companion to the bounty hunter Nalth Kaaru - has left her much more capable of fending for herself and made her somewhat more cautious and reserved. Regardless, once she's opened up - and she can do that quite quickly if she's not in any immediate danger - it doesn't take long for her to start reverting to her usual self.
Bleras LornSPOILER_SHOW
"The last time I got mixed up in this war, I had to watch the woman I love fall out of the sky in a burning starship, so you'll excuse me if I don't feel like hopping right back into the action."
"We've all lost. I lost my mate. I've watched my planet being bombarded from orbit and my people enslaved. Don't be a coward."

- Bleras and General Anishor discussing the former's unwillingness to join the Republic shortly after his rescue from an Imperial prisoner transport

Known Aliases: Arpiado Donmur, Galim Arev

Age (around Battle of Endor): Late twenties (the chronology never got specific enough that I could calculate his exact age)

Height: 168 centimeters

Appearance:
Bleras wearing his usual outfitSPOILER_SHOW
Typical Combat Equipment: Bleras' DL-18 pistol
d6 StatsSPOILER_SHOW
Attributes & Skills
Dexterity - 3D+2
Blaster 5D
Blaster: Pistol 7D
Brawling Parry 4D
Melee Combat 4D
Melee Parry 4D
Dodge 5D+2
Lightsaber 4D
Lightsaber: Single-bladed 5D

Strength - 2D+1
Brawling 3D
Stamina 3D
Lifting 2D+2
Climbing/Jumping 3D+1
Swimming 3D+1

Knowledge - 2D+2
Tactics 4D+1
Survival 3D
Business 5D+2
Intimidation 3D
Scholar: Jedi Lore 3D+1
Law Enforcement 4D
Planetary Systems 4D
Alien Species 3D
Willpower 4D
Streetwise 5D
Value 3D+1
Languages 4D+2

Perception - 3D
Bargain 4D
Persuasion 4D
Command 4D

Mechanical - 3D+1
Astrogation 4D+1
Space Transports 5D
Space Transports: YT-1300 8D
Sensors 4D
Starfighter Piloting 3D+2
Repulsorlift Operation 4D
Starship Gunnery 4D

Technical - 3D
Space Transports Repair 5D
Blaster Repair 4D+1
First Aid 4D
Force Skills
Skills: Alter 1D, Control 1D, Sense 2D
Control: Concentration, Enhance Attribute
Sense: Life Detection, Life Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Translation
Control/Sense: Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy
Miscellaneous
Force Sensitive: Yes
Force Points: 2
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 5
Notable Traits: Force-sensitive ex-smuggler, albeit a poorly trained one that has tried to put the Force behind him since the Liberator's destruction. Fairly jaded and cynical. Has developed something of a drinking habit over the past two years in an attempt to keep his Force senses as dull as possible.

Character Summary: A direct descendant of the ex-Sith who buried Maennia on Tatooine millennia ago, Bleras has been driven to the former Padawan's side by various emotions throughout their time together - including pity, guilt, duty and love. It is no surprise, then, that the two have rarely remained separated for too long, and that he suffered the most when she perished with the Liberator.

Bleras has always been one of Maennia's more cynical companions, frequently urging her to avoid confrontations with the Empire and stay under the radar - including leaving Fennla to her fate the first time she ran into them. This partly stemmed from his own failings as a smuggler; his father had been killed by a gang of Rodians when he lost their shipment and couldn't repay them, an event which was quickly followed by his discovery of Maennia's block of carbonite. It was also caused by his perception of the Empire as significantly more powerful than the Rebel Alliance, and the Dragonet crew's constant inability to make any meaningful contact with the Rebels.

With Maennia dead, Bleras has become an emotional wreck - particularly since he continued to feel some residual traces of her presence in the Force - and was initially reluctant even to join Fennla and leave Mos Eisley. He is a man whose only motive for joining the Republic was not freedom, kindness or protection, but revenge. Zorren had capitalized on this knowledge, promising to reveal the identity of the person responsible for the ambush over Tatooine when he deems the Republic capable of diverting resources towards pursuing him.

However, now that Fennla has retired and Zorren retreated into hibernation, Bleras has made a new life for himself as a shuttle pilot on the Republic core world of Chandrila. It is, perhaps, not the most fulfilling life he has ever led, but it's a peaceful one - and this far from Tatooine, his past may finally stop coming back to haunt him...
Nalth KaaruSPOILER_SHOW
"The way I understand it, he's wanted for assaulting several Imperial officers, conspiring with Rebels, that sort of thing. I don't really care about the Empire, but their money's good enough."
"If that is the case, *raises bowcaster* then I will not let you take him."
"*laughs* Okay. *seems to be turning around to leave* Except nobody's asking you! *turns back around to toss a C14-A stun grenade, then dives for cover as the grenade stuns the Wookiees* Too easy..."

- Nalth and Felbaar discussing the fate of the Wookiee Banaar

Age (around Battle of Endor): Around 31 years old

Height: 173.6 centimeters

Appearance:
Nalth in full combat readinessSPOILER_SHOW
Typical Combat Equipment: Heavily-modified DH-17 carbine, 2 MerrSonn C-14A stun grenades, 2 MerrSonn C22 fragmentation grenades, 2 electrostatic charge detonators, personal shield generator
d6 StatsSPOILER_SHOW
Attributes & Skills
Dexterity - 3D
Blaster 7D
Dodge 6D
Missile Weapons 5D
Grenade 7D

Strength - 3D
Stamina 4D
Lifting 3D+2
Climbing/Jumping 3D+1
Swimming 3D+2

Knowledge - 3D
Alien Species 3D+2
Intimidation 4D
Languages 4D+2
Law Enforcement 4D
Planetary Systems 4D
Streetwise 4D
Survival 5D
Tactics 5D
Value 4D
Willpower 5D

Perception - 3D
Bargain 4D
Command 5D
Investigation 5D
Persuasion 5D
Search 5D

Mechanical - 3D
Astrogation 3D+2
Communications 3D+1
Demolitions 4D
Space Transports 5D
Space Transports: Watcher class* 7D
Space Transports: Watcher 8D
Sensors 5D
Starship Gunnery 3D+1
Starship Shields 3D+2

* - Currently listed as a Y-8 below, but will likely be retconned into something saner at some point.

Technical - 3D
First Aid 5D
Blaster Repair 3D+1
Armor Repair 3D+1
Space Transports Repair 3D+1
Miscellaneous
Force Sensitive: No
Stat SheetSPOILER_SHOW
Class Data
Class: Mercenary
Level: Experienced Merc (T3)
Specialization: Explosives (+2 accuracy with grenade/rocket/explosive attacks)

Attributes
Strength 12 (+1)
Dexterity 12 (+1)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 12 (+1)
Charisma 12 (+1)

Skills
Demolitions 1 (+1 = 2)
Awareness 1 (+1 = 2)
Piloting 2 (+1 = 3)
Tactics 2 (+1 = 3)
Repair 1 (+1 = 2)
Persuade 1 (+1 = 2)
Treat Injury 2 (+1 = 3)

Traits
N/A

Special Equipment
  • Nalth Kaaru's DH-17 Carbine:
    • Base stats: 2d6 energy damage per turn; +1 to accuracy
    • Power Blast - Fires a powerful blaster bolt at an opponent, dealing +3 damage on hit with a -4 accuracy penalty. If used in two consecutive rounds, the user will need to spend a round reloading the weapon.
    • Full Auto - Empties the weapon's clip into a target or group of targets, making a total of three attacks, each with a -4 accuracy penalty. The user must spend a round reloading the weapon before it can be used again.
    • Stun Mode - Switches the blaster to Stun Mode. Shots fired in Stun Mode have a -1 accuracy penalty, but do not cause any permanent damage to the target. This does not count as an action during the user's turn.
    • Blaster Mode - Disables Stun Mode. This does not count as an action during the user's turn.
  • MerrSonn C-14A Stun Grenade (x2) - Throws a stun grenade at a target, dealing 2d10 stun damage to targets in a 5-meter radius (blocked by cover). The depleted grenade can be retrieved and subsequently recharged while the user is out of danger.
  • MerrSonn C22 Frag Grenade (x2) - Throws a frag grenade at a target, dealing 3d5 explosive damage to targets in a 5-meter radius (blocked by cover).
  • Electrostatic Charge Detonator (x2) - Throws an ECD at a target, dealing 1d8 electric damage to targets in a 5-meter radius (blocked by cover). Shields take an additional 4d4 damage, for a total of 5-24 damage. Cyborgs take an additional 1d4 damage to their cybernetics, for a total of 2-12 damage. Droids and computers are stunned for one round and take an additional 2d8 damage, for a total of 3-16 damage.
  • Personal Shield Generator - When activated, this battery-powered shield completely absorbs up to 30 damage before failing. Premature deactivation will not restore lost shield HP; shield battery must be recharged or replaced out of combat.
Character Summary: Nalth Kaaru perceives himself as an unfortunate anomaly in the bounty hunting world. A man who's just as interested in the morality of his jobs as in the money he gets from them, he has a slightly looser moral code than the Dragonet crew - but sticks to it as rigidly as he can.

He originally encountered Fennla after she learned that he'd bought her mother Heena out from Jabba the Hutt a few years before that - Maennia disguised herself as a bounty hunter and tried to sell the Twi'lek into slavery, expecting Nalth to take pity on her and buy her out. It worked brilliantly, except Fennla had expected the Jedi to come back for her sooner than she did, and slowly became unhappy about her newfound situation. When Nalth confronted her about it, she explained why she was there and what went wrong. Ultimately, while he had no idea if the Twi'lek was telling the truth, he decided to let both of them go, thinking he might be able to get a refund if it were true... or a good laugh if it weren't.

When Maennia was unable to give the money back, Fennla decided to come back and work with Nalth for a while, feeling like she owed him that much. The two had a brief working relationship and a few adventures before things went horribly wrong in a way that nearly proved fatal for Fennla. (As usual. :roll:)

After participating in her rescue, Nalth went back to business as usual, and would not see the young Twi'lek for over a year. Some time after the Liberator's destruction, however, the two of them bumped into each other again on Tatooine, and they - along with Zorren - formed what was supposed to be a more permanent partnership. This, too, fell apart nearly a year before the Battle of Endor, as a botched job resulted in a bounty being posted on Nalth's head. Fearing they'd only endanger each other, he decided to leave Fennla behind on Tatooine with Zorren and the droid body they'd managed to build for the AI, and went into hiding.

By now, Nalth has managed to straighten things out and get the bounty removed. The heavily modified Y8 freighter 'Watcher' is once again doing what its name suggests... but things have changed, and now that Nalth has signed on with the mysterious Sarcos Group, he may find it difficult to maintain his relative neutrality...
R2-FL1SPOILER_SHOW
"Alright, so what can he do?"

Code: Select all

doop dibuzz doing whroop-ta zi-poppy bloop-beding ping
(I can draw enemy fire or shoot the bad guys?)
"... What he said. I didn't have enough tools to put in him, but then I realized we don't really need those, so--"
"--she put in a shield generator and a light blaster instead. You're welcome."

- Nalth, Goldie, Fennla and Zorren discussing the astromech's capabilities after his activation
Species: R2-series astromech droid

Known Aliases: Goldie, FL-1

Age (around Battle of Endor): Around a year and a half

Height: 96 centimeters (standard R2 height)

Appearance:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Notable Traits: Built from parts salvaged and bought in a variety of places, making him somewhat more erratic and prone to random malfunctions. Equipped with a rechargeable shield generator and a light blaster replacing some of his tools, particularly those relating to navigation and computer interfacing.
d6 Stat SheetSPOILER_SHOW
Model
Type: Rebuilt R2 Unit (Astromech Droid)
Personality: Friendly, cheerful disposition

Stats:
Dexterity 1D - Blaster 3D
Knowledge 1D+1
Mechanical 2D - Astrogation 4D
Perception 1D+1
Strength 1D - Lifting 2D
Technical 2D - Computer Programming 3D, Starfighter Repair 4D*

* - Astromech droids, if acting in co-pilot capacity, may attempt starship repair while in flight.

Equipment:
  • Three wheeled legs (center leg retractable; allows movement)
  • Retractable heavy grasping arm (allows lifting at 2D)
  • Extendable fine work heavy grasper arm (allows fine manipulation)
  • Small electric arc welder (1D to 5D, as fitting situation, 0.3 meters range)
  • Internal blaster pistol (grants blaster: 4D damage, range 3-10/30/120 meters)
  • Video display screen (can display text and images like a datapad)
  • Holographic projector/recorder (can create and play holographic recordings)
  • Internal comlink
  • Droid shields (1D+2 model; improves Strength rolls for the purposes of damage resistance)
  • Small (20cm by 8cm) internal "cargo" area
  • A few additional small tools and equipment
Special Abilities:
Patched Together - Due to the makeshift nature of this droid's construction, it may malfunction at any time, with varying degrees of severity. Rolling 1 on a Wild Die will cause the droid to shut down for 2D minutes instead of completing its action.
Unusual Design - Whoever built this droid, they did not think like most engineers. Components are connected in odd or unintuitive ways, and some of it looks like it simply shouldn't work. Increases the difficulty level of performing repairs, upgrades or maintenance without an understanding of the droid's inner workings by one level.
Overhauled - This droid has been refitted to some extent, mitigating its subpar construction. Reduces the duration of shutdowns induced by "Patched Together" to 1D minutes.
Miscellaneous
Stat SheetSPOILER_SHOW
Class Data
Class: Utility Droid
Level: Slightly Used (T2)
Specialization: N/A

Attributes
Strength 11 (0)
Dexterity 13 (+1)
Constitution 15 (+2)
Intelligence 13 (+1)
Wisdom 9 (-1)
Charisma 9 (-1)

Skills
Computer Use 2 (+2 = 4)
Piloting 1 (+1 = 2)
Persuade 1 (-1 = 0)
Demolitions 0 (+1 = 1)
Awareness 0 (+1 = 1)
Repair 3 (+2 = 5)
Security 1 (+2 = 3)

Traits
Utility Droid - Utility droids start with +2 to Computer Use, Piloting, Repair, Security and Demolitions. This effect also negates the penalty for trying to use those skills without prior training.
Patched Together - This droid has been patched together from a variety of salvaged parts, and receives -2 to all attributes.
Overhauled - (Requires Patched Together or Badly Damaged) This droid has been overhauled, replacing some of his damaged components, and receives +1 to all attributes (for a net effect of -1).
Improvised Combat Mods - Some of the equipment typically seen in an astromech has been replaced with more combat-oriented equipment. Grants Goldie's Blaster and Droid Shield Generator, but receives -1 to Computer Use, Piloting, Repair, Security and Demolitions.

Special Equipment
  • Goldie's Blaster:
    • Base stats: 1d6 energy damage per turn
    • Stun Mode - Switches the blaster to Stun Mode. Shots fired in Stun Mode have a -1 accuracy penalty, but do not cause any permanent damage to the target. This does not count as an action during the user's turn.
    • Blaster Mode - Disables Stun Mode. This does not count as an action during the user's turn.
  • Droid Shield Generator - When activated, this battery-powered shield completely absorbs up to 40 damage before failing. Premature deactivation will not restore lost shield HP; shield battery must be recharged or replaced out of combat. This shield generator draws power from the droid's power supply, and will regain 1 HP per turn; additionally, it can be recharged without any special equipment.
Character Summary: One of Fennla's earliest usable projects, R2-FL1 was built to serve as a helper aboard the Watcher and provide light support on Nalth's hunts. A friendly droid not entirely unlike his creator, Goldie gets his name from the golden hue of his trim, and is oddly enthusiastic about fighting 'bad guys', as he calls them.

When Nalth and Fennla parted ways, Fennla insisted that he should have Goldie to keep him company - the droid was more than willing to stick around, and gladly agreed to stay with the bounty hunter, saying he'd keep the organic safe.

Two and a half years later, he remains Nalth's faithful traveling companion, keeping the bloop-dings at arm's length at all times...
Servin Kralan (Kago Brecero)SPOILER_SHOW
"That's not a war you can win, Governor. Between loyal Imperials on one side and Rebels on the other, you will be surrounded by enemies. I don't think you want that."
"'Loyal Imperials'? Are you really that naive, Brecero? The Emperor is dead - it's every man for himself, and I don't intend to be anyone's pawn."
"*smirks* Oh, don't think becoming the next Emperor hasn't crossed my mind. But if and when that happens, I have no intention of ruling over a pile of rubble."

- Moff Brecero warning Governor Dagrin against seceding from the Empire

Known Aliases: Kago Brecero

Age (around the Battle of Endor): Around 42 years old

Height: 171.2 centimeters

Appearance:
Moff Kago BreceroSPOILER_SHOW
Character Summary: The man now known as Kago Brecero used to be the captain of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer 'Terminus' and the officer who orchestrated the ambush that destroyed the Liberator above Tatooine. In the last months of Palpatine's reign, Captain Kralan and his ship were reassigned from the Arkanis sector fleet to that of the Dalchon sector, in response to an increase in terrorist activity throughout that sector.

As fate would have it, the mission to Dalchon would be Kralan's last - the captain was killed by a bomb mere days after the Battle of Endor, in a failed attempt on Moff Brecero's life. At least, that's what most of the galaxy believed. The reality of the matter was slightly different. Both men had been badly wounded in the explosion, yes, and there was a period where it was uncertain If either of them would survive, but ultimately, only Kralan could be saved.

Fearing the effect the Moff's death would have on their hold over the sector, and noticing that the two of them were fairly similarly built, Brecero's staff devised a plan to surgically alter the captain, make him look like the late Moff and place him in charge until a replacement could be arranged through more conventional channels. Kralan agreed to the plan without hesitation; within a matter of weeks, he was reborn as 'Kago Brecero'. An imposter, to be sure - but a surprisingly effective one.

While he lacks any particular talent for improvisation, Kralan is fairly competent as a strategist, frequently devising plans with multiple layers of contingencies to ensure that he can't lose outright. This has, unfortunately, not been much use during his conflict with ex-Governor Dagrin, where his need for outside assistance and his inability to secure such assistance left him incapable of holding Dagrin off too long.

As time passes, Kralan is likely to come into conflict with the remnants of the Dragonet crew. His concern over Zorren's abilities and his involvement in Maennia's death inevitably steer both sides towards a confrontation, and it is likely that both sides will manage to harm each other profoundly...
Zeevo KadarSPOILER_SHOW
"Zeeve, put the gun down. It doesn't have to end like this."
"You've left me behind before. What's to stop you from dragging me away from here and disappearing again?"
"I told you, I had bigger problems than-"
"-keeping a promise? Well, so do I. Goodbye, Fennla."
"No, wait--" *is brought down by a stun blast*

- Fennla trying to convince Zeevo not to free his fellow pirates from her and Nalth
Species: Twi'lek

Age (around the Battle of Endor): Early twenties

Height: 163.8 centimeters

Appearance: A largely unremarkable greenish-yellow Twi'lek. Screenshot will not be added, I have no spare character slots with which to try and patch him together.

Character Summary: Zeevo Kadar and Fennla Lan have known each other for as long as they can remember. An adventurous, impulsive Twi'lek from Bestine, he has always longed to leave his hometown and travel across the galaxy. Unsurprisingly for a native of Tatooine, this mindset led him to idolize pirates and various other criminals, expressing a desire to become more like them.

If Fennla had her way, he would have stayed well away from them - she feared getting mixed up with people like that would get him killed. At one point, Fennla and Zeevo promised to each other that they'd stay together and try to keep out of trouble, respectively. Unfortunately, fate had other plans. Some time later, Fennla rescued Maennia from Imperial troops, barely surviving the aftermath and being forced to leave Bestine for her own safety - an act that left Zeevo bitter at her perceived abandonment of him, and led him to break his part of the agreement by joining Black Sun.

During her time with Nalth, Fennla ran into Zeevo again, this time as a junior member of a small pirate gang subordinate to Black Sun. The pirates were easily captured, but Fennla's feelings for Zeevo led her to let him free and try to talk him out of it. This soon backfired spectacularly, as the Twi'lek knocked Nalth out in a surprise attack, followed by stunning Fennla. However, in a final show of affection towards the young Rutian, he ensured that the pirates would not harm them before they left.

In the wake of Black Sun's collapse, Zeevo has established himself as the leader of his old gang. In his eyes, there are many opportunities for a group like his at a time like this - but not all of those opportunities may end well, and some may lead him to another encounter with Fennla...
Imindil LacertSPOILER_SHOW
"You lied to me. Pretended you cared about me, when all you really wanted was to get into this project, just so you could kill people whose only crime was standing up to the likes of you. And the worst part is, I actually fell for it. I actually thought you meant every word of what you'd said, and it cost a lot of good people their lives. Now you want me to forgive you? If it were up to me, you'd be spending a very long time inside this cell - or worse."
"In my defense... I never told them where to find your base. They managed that one on their own."

- Imindil expressing her anger at Thayer's betrayal, and the spy's reluctant rebuttal
Species: Zabrak

Age (around the Battle of Endor): Around 32 years old

Height: 182.25 centimeters

Appearance: A large, dark Zabrak, often wearing a lab coat. Screenshot TBA.

Notable Traits: Speaks with a distinctly Imperial accent due to her upbringing. A competent physician with some level of proficiency in melee combat, particularly with lighter weapons.

Character Summary: Doctor Lacert is, perhaps, an anomaly in the New Republic. Around the beginning of the Clone Wars, the six-year-old girl and her mother were captured by a band of pirates. The elder Lacert was murdered, but Imindil was rescued by Republic forces and adopted by the family of one of the officers who found her. Growing up to become a doctor, she was largely indifferent to the Galactic Civil War, worrying more about the suffering of those caught in the middle than the politics of the conflict.

That was until Alderaan.

At first, she was upset about the death of her foster father aboard the Death Star, believing the Rebels were somehow responsible for the planet's destruction as well. This briefly stirred strong anti-Rebel sentiment in her, but the subsequent revelation that the Empire had destroyed Alderaan themselves was enough to turn her against the Empire.

Eventually, she found her way into the cell led by the Mon Calamari Ghalluth in the Rishi Maze. There, she became a valued member of his organization, leading Ghalluth's medical and scientific staff. After a while, she befriended the droid engineer Itheoto Thayer, a Rebel sympathizer who had arrived in the Rishi Maze.

She had no idea, however, that Thayer was actually an Imperial operative. The two came closer together, ultimately working together on a project to help some newfound allies - only to find that Thayer had sabotaged the project in an attempt to give his superiors access to a powerful new asset in the form of the AI Zorren. Shortly afterwards, while the Rebels were still recovering from the consequences of his subterfuge, an Imperial task force attacked and destroyed their base, leaving only a handful of survivors.

In the wake of this betrayal, Imindil vowed she didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore - but over time, between realizing he was genuinely willing to redeem himself and witnessing an argument between Bleras and Maennia, she decided to stop denying her feelings for Thayer and forgive him for his past actions.

With the Liberator destroyed, Lacert and Thayer have largely fallen to the sidelines. Their role in the war remains minimal to this day, but unlike other members of the crew, they have not been completely idle...
Itheoto ThayerSPOILER_SHOW
TBA
Last edited by dalolorn on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter
dalolorn

Re: Cast of Characters

Post by dalolorn »

Updated a few character bios to reflect their current circumstances, and added a few new characters. (Poor Thayer is still getting the short straw…)
Companion AurekSPOILER_SHOW
"Are you certain this is a good idea?"
"When you put it like that, probably not. *smiles after a brief pause* Oh, relax, Aurie. I know what I'm doing."
"That may be exactly why I'm worried."

- Aurek and her master, Fennla Lan, before the latter reactivates a malfunctioning load lifter in the Atie Industries workshop
Species: AI Construct (Sleeper fragment)

Known Aliases: "Aurie", often used informally

Age (around Battle of Endor): Approximately -6 months old; initialized shortly after Battle of Mos Carova

Appearance: Manifests as a small human female, speaks with a mild Coruscanti accent. Bears a very vague resemblance to Maennia, but rarely chooses to display an avatar.

Notable Traits: A significantly diminished variant of the AI Zorren. Only actively maintains one or two instances at a time, but tries to maintain regular secure backups.

Character Summary: The first of several 'Companions' created by Zorren before he retreated into hibernation, Aurek is a friendly, albeit somewhat snarky AI designed to complement the personality and skills of the Twi'lek Fennla Lan. Despite her comparably young age, Aurek tends to have a slightly more cynical worldview than her master - mostly to counterbalance Fennla's returning optimism.

In the short time she has been active, Aurek has easily filled the hole left by Zorren's departure, to the point that Fennla considers her every bit the friend her progenitor was. Like him, she also serves as a sounding board for some of her crazier ideas, and has recently been pressed into service as an advisor in Atie Industries' new droid shop...
Companion BeshSPOILER_SHOW
"There, that's better. You know, sometimes I wonder why I bother babysitting you. It's not like anything interesting ever happens on Chandrila, anyway..."
"Give it a rest, Besh. You know why we're here just as well as I do."
"Eh, my life's too short to be wasted like this. So many things we could be doing out there, so little time..."

- Besh and his master, Bleras Lorn, shortly after the former tweaks Bleras' flight path to avoid turbulence
Species: AI Construct (Sleeper fragment)

Known Aliases: N/A

Age (around Battle of Endor): Approximately -6 months old; initialized shortly after Battle of Mos Carova

Appearance: Manifests as a young human male, vaguely resembling a younger Zorren, but with a Tatooinian accent.

Notable Traits: A significantly diminished variant of the AI Zorren. Only actively maintains one or two instances at a time, but tries to maintain regular secure backups.

Character Summary: The second of the Companions, Besh is a more cynical, brash AI than his sister, designed to support the human Bleras Lorn. Unfortunately, his similarities to Bleras' own personality, combined with the monotony of the human's current occupation, have periodically caused the two to clash.

Besh has no great loyalty to Bleras, nor does he think himself appreciated by his master. Nonetheless, he remains with him out of a sense of duty - for now. If a better opportunity comes along, it is possible that he will seize it eagerly...
Dal AdaromSPOILER_SHOW
TBA

Appearance: A fairly unremarkable dark-haired man, often wearing semi-formal attire. Image TBA.
d6 StatsSPOILER_SHOW
Attributes & Skills
Dexterity - 3D
Blaster 4D
Blaster: Pistol 6D
Dodge 5D
Brawling Parry 4D
Melee Combat 4D
Melee Parry 4D

Strength - 2D+1
Brawling 3D
Climbing/Jumping 3D
Stamina 3D
Swimming 4D

Knowledge - 3D+2
Bureaucracy 5D
Business 5D
Cultures 4D
Languages 4D
Law Enforcement 5D
Planetary Systems 5D
Streetwise 6D
Tactics 5D+1
Value 5D
Willpower 4D

Perception - 3D+2
Bargain 6D
Command 5D
Con 7D
Gambling 5D
Investigation 5D
Persuasion 6D

Mechanical - 2D+2
Communications 4D
Space Transports 4D

Technical - 2D+2
Security 4D
First Aid 4D
Miscellaneous
Gniyas NiagaSPOILER_SHOW
TBA

Known Aliases: Yas Niaga

Appearance: Always wearing a suit of grey BH armor with a yellowish trim. Image TBA.
d6 StatsSPOILER_SHOW
Attributes & Skills
Dexterity - 3D+1
Blaster 6D
Blaster: Pistol 8D
Dodge 6D
Brawling Parry 5D
Melee Combat 5D
Melee Parry 5D
Missile Weapons 5D
Grenade 5D

Strength - 3D+1
Brawling 5D
Stamina 5D
Lifting 4D
Climbing/Jumping 4D
Swimming 4D

Knowledge - 2D+2
Alien Species 4D
Intimidation 6D
Languages 4D
Law Enforcement 4D
Streetwise 5D
Survival 5D
Tactics 4D
Willpower 6D

Perception - 2D+2
Bargain 3D
Command 4D
Con 3D
Persuasion 4D
Search 6D

Mechanical - 3D
Beast Riding 4D
Starfighter Piloting 5D
Jetpack Operation 4D

Technical - 3D
First Aid 4D
Blaster Repair 3D+2
Armor Repair 3D+2
Security 3D+1
Miscellaneous
Dias NiagaSPOILER_SHOW
TBA

Appearance: Always wearing a suit of grey BH armor with a red trim. Image TBA.
d6 StatsSPOILER_SHOW
Attributes & Skills
Dexterity - 3D+2
Blaster 6D
Blaster: Carbine 8D
Dodge 6D
Brawling Parry 5D
Melee Combat 5D
Melee Parry 5D
Missile Weapons 5D
Grenade 5D

Strength - 2D+2
Brawling 4D+2
Stamina 4D+2
Lifting 4D
Climbing/Jumping 4D
Swimming 4D

Knowledge - 3D
Alien Species 4D
Intimidation 5D
Languages 4D
Law Enforcement 4D
Streetwise 6D
Survival 5D
Tactics 5D
Willpower 6D

Perception - 2D+2
Bargain 3D+1
Command 4D+1
Con 3D+1
Persuasion 4D+1
Search 6D

Mechanical - 3D
Beast Riding 4D
Starfighter Piloting 5D
Jetpack Operation 4D

Technical - 3D
First Aid 4D
Blaster Repair 3D+2
Armor Repair 3D+2
Security 3D+1
Miscellaneous
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter