Location: Naboo (/waypoint -7075, 5787)
Current Population: 23
Status: <Roleplaying City | Rank 4 | Unspecialized | Accepting citizens!>
New Zeltros is a blossoming township on the northwestern coast of Naboo. It is the visionary project of Zeltron artist and expatriate Leonides Rowe, founded in conjunction with the New Republic.
Emerging in the wake of the Galactic Civil War, the city is intended as an artistic and intellectual community - one devoted to pioneering exciting new forms of artistic expression now that the fetters of Imperial control have been lifted. More than that, it presents a bold model for the future of the Republic, using Zeltron culture and Zeltronian values of acceptance, empathy, social equality, environmentalism, and sentient rights - not to mention happiness and fun! - to confront the dogma of the old Empire and show what galactic life could be like.
New Zeltros’ scenic, resort-like coastline boasts dazzling views of the ocean, western mountains, and Theed’s palace and waterfalls. Palm-studded golden sands surround the city on three sides, with a lush inland forest to the south. The weather is typically clear and sunny, with only occasional overcast days - perfect for beach lounging, camping, and wildlife spotting.
Conveniently, New Zeltros is a short two kilometer drive from Theed, with shuttleport access to the rest of the planet. Other city amenities include two cantinas, a theater, bank, garage, cloning facility, mission terminals, skill trainers, and guild hall.
- Goalie’s Gastropub: The galaxy’s ultimate sports bar! Kick back and watch a game while you crack open special craft beers brewed by former Team Zeltros limmie goalie Uhuch Lunemuguv.
- Chebda Choon’s Beach Hutt: From the shore to the dancefloor, New Zeltros’ preeminent gastropod tailor and designer has the fine apparel you need for every occasion.
- The Pink Pearl Cantina: Zeltron opera star Rafali Oen is here to bring you the tastes, hospitality, and music of Zeltros in this new luxury cantina. Enjoy authentic dishes, top-shelf drinks, and live entertainment while lounging in comfort and style.
- Wandering Star Theater: This deluxe performing arts venue dazzles and delights with shows featuring the galaxy’s top talent! Original works, custom set design, and more await patrons at Ziska Rin’s iconic beachside cultural center.
- Savory Spas: Revitalize and rejuvenate with Savory’s massage therapy and beauty treatments before stepping into a steamy sauna or relaxation pool to melt away your stress. Book today to experience the finest pampering New Zeltros can offer.
The city offers several storylines and roleplaying themes for residents and visitors alike to participate in:
- Zeltron culture: Zeltrons flock to the city, eager to enjoy this bridge between their homeworld and the galaxy. Sharing their culture and with other species seems great, but can they overcome racist stereotypes that paint them as lazy hedonists and mind manipulators? As empaths, how do they cope with life in a galaxy filled with pain, inequality, war, and slavery? Can they succeed in using their gifts to shape the future of the Republic?
- Developing the theater: Owner and manager Ziska Rin wants to create an artistic mecca with her new theater, but it needs creators and performers to really live. Who will emerge as New Zeltros’ greatest stars? What innovative shows can they stage? What will they say to the galaxy?
- Political intrigue: Zeltron expatriates, resort-goers, the New Republic, and various private investors and public institutions all have stakes in New Zeltros. Can its administration manage these various factions to ensure the city’s future in the rapidly changing arena of post-war politics? How will they face threats from conservative Naboo aristocrats and loyalists to the Imperial Remnant here on the former Emperor’s homeworld?
- The situation in security: Unbeknownst to most citizens, New Zeltros’ security team is composed of former stormtroopers and other deserters. How will these officers handle this devastating secret? What does it mean for them to now be working in service to the New Republic? How will they cope with their new status as war criminals, and their actions as soldiers? Will they reject their conditioning and face their war traumas to make new but uncertain lives? Or will they succumb to to the brainwashing and battle fatigue and harm themselves or others in this city filled with aliens?
- Corruption: New Zeltros was founded on high ideals, but can they be lived up to? Will criminal or shadowy figures move in and corrupt the city for profit or political benefit? Already, spice is beginning to flow from the hospital, the beginning of the city’s illicit spice trade…
- Visiting artists/VIPs: Influential NPCs will visit the city from time to time to interact with player characters. What are their motives? Can the townspeople use these powerful visitors to aid their own goals, fair or foul? Will they make allies or enemies for the city and themselves? How will these interactions affect the future of the town?
- Haven for escaped slaves: Slavery is antithetical to the Zeltron values of freedom and consent, but it is alive and well in parts of the galaxy still under Imperial control. On some worlds, it’s culturally entrenched, even if the planet has been liberated by the Republic. New Zeltros wants to offer slaves protection, freedom, and citizenship, but what blowback will it receive from traders, cartels, and aristocrats who benefit from it? How will the former slaves themselves cope with trauma and their adjustment to free life? How will the city aid their transition and spread anti-slavery ideals?
We are looking for residents to help New Zeltros grow. Roleplayers are welcome and highly encouraged to join us! Non-roleplayers are able to become citizens as well, provided they are friendly to RP and respectful of players around them. Shopkeepers/business owners and entertainers are particularly needed, with prime vendor space and performance venues available for use.
In addition, consider if you might enjoy filling any of these optional roles:
- Resort staff: bartender, waiter/waitress, cook, spa employee, security
- Artist or performer: musician, dancer, actor, painter, playwright, poet, comedian, tortured artist
- Business owner: run a shop or venue of your own design
- Tradesperson: tailor, smith, architect/interior designer, mechanic, etc
- Medical professional: doctor, nurse, lab assistant, counselor/therapist
- Politico: Nabooian aristocrat, politician, government employee, New Republic official, movement leader or activist, lawyer, philanthropist, refugee
- Educator: university professor, teacher or instructor, student, researcher
- General resident or vacationer
- Don’t be a jerk.
- The mayor reserves the right to remove all perpetrators of jerk behavior at their discretion.
- Be mindful of godmodding, metagaming, the consent of other players, and IC/OOC distinctions.
- Keep spatial chat clean - use group or tells for objectionable content.
- Force sensitivity, spice use, and smuggling should be kept discreet.
- Citizens and visitors may not openly carry or brandish firearms or other weapons.
- In accordance with New Republic law, the trading of slaves, spice, and other illicit goods are not permitted within the city.
- Escaped slaves and other refugees are invited to apply for asylum and citizenship.