Use this space to brainstorm and offer up new ideas.
Ivory

Post by Ivory » Sat May 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Last edited by Ivory on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ruuk

Re: More creature skins for bio engineer? (Including humanoids?)

Post by ruuk » Sun May 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Maybe a BE who also has the extended color pallet from Tailor could have greater control over the color range of BE pets...

ETA: I've always wanted a Wookie mount.
Chance Fizbin - Legitimate Business Man "Always bet on blue"
Dontaye ZmeeBro - Tattoo Afficianado
Ruuk Mha'Rhee - Scylla, Starsider, Liberator, Basilisk, Awakening, Reckoning
<CCC> <JAM> <RA> <RS> <LAG> <ORD>

DarkLadyPhoenix1

Post by DarkLadyPhoenix1 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:11 pm

I'd probably pee myself if I had a Jawa pet that I could RP as a companion...

Ivory

Post by Ivory » Sat May 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Last edited by Ivory on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sun May 28, 2017 4:29 am

I kinda think droids would be more appropriate for DEs, along with a good balancing pass on droid combat modules. :P
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Ivory

Post by Ivory » Sun May 28, 2017 4:38 am

Last edited by Ivory on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sun May 28, 2017 6:12 am

Ivory wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 4:38 am
The problem with droids in DE is they don't have the game systems in place to create the same type of creatures BEs can make. Also droids can't be healed by stimpacks (or doctors)....making them pretty much useless in actual combat (especially in higher end game).
Droids can, however, be healed either by other droids or by repair kits. I wouldn't mind having a use for all these repair kit schematics I've got littering my schematic list... :P
An actual creature from a BE blows droids out of the water in terms of combat. Though droids are nice for their extra utility currently (storage, mobile wound healing, harvesting, and so on). But their medium armor was destroyed on this server to mean nothing.
If we can demolish a droid's tanking ability by nerfing armor, why can't we buff them to a competitive level? Nobody sane (I must emphasize 'sane' there... I've built combat droids for people, and even used combat modules as stuffing when I ran out of ideas on my trapping probot) uses combat modules right now, and even a fully-armored droid will be inferior to an armored player/creature. If it has no purpose, then either it should be removed or given a new purpose, right?
Then you have the problem where DE droids don't count towards 'additional pets" of CH (or operate under the CL restrictions).

All of that together means in actual combat you will be seeing people running around with creatures, rancors, kimogillas.....and very rarely using a droid in battle.
Actually, all of that together means you'll be seeing the crazier min-maxers running around with rancors and kimogilas - and a shitty little combat droid on top of that, because the extra 100 DPS matters to them. ;)

When I think about it, rifle Rangers probably synergize best with droids right now because of the trap launcher. Granted, you need to keep reloading it in some more heated engagements, but the ability to launch glow-wire traps or adhesive mesh (or other things I haven't tried out yet) at an enemy from maximum range without sacrificing a combat round (or going closer to the enemy, for that matter) should not be dismissed lightly. I actually had a theory that a group of riflemen backed by a trapping droid and a good stockpile of adhesive mesh could easily snipe krayt dragons, kimogilas and other huge beasts without ever being attacked, just by reapplying the mesh and continuously repositioning.
But even setting aside droids....even just allowing BEs to make humanoid companions would completely change the scene of combat. Instead of rancors running in, you would have a wookie with a hammer. The difference in "star wars feel" would be huge from just some extra unique skins.
No argument here, though I'm not 100% sure how you'd choose their weapon. It might almost be worth making a 'Commander' skill of some kind (or rolling it into Squad Leader, I suppose...) that allowed you to recruit, outfit and use NPCs like that...
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter