Adjust species stats

Use this space to brainstorm and offer up new ideas.
Himalayas

Adjust species stats

Post by Himalayas » Mon May 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Hey gang, I've been enjoying EiF the last few days; however one thing I would like to suggest.

Many of the custom species have JTL bonuses, and few species have only JTL bonuses it looks like. I think it might be better to remove these and implement more useful modifiers so these species are more attractive to play as.

DarkLadyPhoenix1

Re: Adjust species stats

Post by DarkLadyPhoenix1 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Yes please. In addition, there aren't many crafting bonuses. I found when rolling a tailor/Arch, it really didn't matter what species I was because there weren't any bonuses to either.

Ivory

Post by Ivory » Tue May 09, 2017 2:11 am

Be careful what you wish for....if they add more crafting bonuses, then suddenly all weapon smiths "have to be" a certain race if they want to make the best stuff.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Tue May 09, 2017 3:51 am

Ivory wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 2:11 am
Be careful what you wish for....if they add more crafting bonuses, then suddenly all weapon smiths "have to be" a certain race if they want to make the best stuff.
Indeed. Flavor is nice, but encouraging min-maxing is not - and in my experience, SWG's crafting professions suffer from species min-maxing more than combat ones, because the effects are more noticeable.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

DarkLadyPhoenix1

Post by DarkLadyPhoenix1 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:57 pm

That's very true. Ithorian shipwrights or w/e it was comes to mind. I didn't really think about crafting professions that -do- have to min max. My profession choices means I very rarely have to worry about things like quality but it's nice to have a direction. Bothans for example have a whole blurb on what they are good at and for the combat professions, +10 isn't a whole lot.

There's also some that have just height and weight as customization. I'm sure more is coming eventually but it wouldn't be all that great to have to chose a character like that and end up being a carbon copy of everyone else in the galaxy because it's the only one with +10 of your current skill.