One of the complaints we've heard is how heavy loaded some professions are versus other, particularly in the realm of state defense. So I would like to layout some of our plans. One of our goals is to allow for more experimentation with builds.
MoB Resists Balance Pass will be implemented before the state defense changes.
1.) We are going to redistribute (socialism abounds run for the hills!) the state defenses in the following manner.
Each skill set will receive 1 Primary State Defense Skill for a total of 75, 2 Secondary State Defense Skills for a total of 50 each, 2 Tertiary Defense Skills for a total of 25 each.
Current Planned Distribution:
- Primary: Blind
- Secondary: Dizzy, Defense Versus Knockdown
- Tertiary : Defense Versus Posture Change (Down), Stun
- Primary: Stun
- Secondary: Blind, Intimidate
- Tertiary : Defense Versus Posture Change (Down), Dizzy
- Primary: Intimidate
- Secondary: Blind, Stun
- Tertiary : Defense Versus Posture (Up), Dizzy
- Primary Dizzy
- Secondary: Blind, Defense Versus Posture Change (Down)
- Tertiary : Defense Versus Knockdown, Stun
- Primary Intimidate
- Secondary: Stun, Dizzy
- Tertiary : Defense Versus Knockdown, Blind
- Primary Stun
- Secondary: Defense Vs Posture Change (Down), Defense Versus Knockdown
- Tertiary : Dizzy, Intimidate
- Primary Defense Versus Knockdown
- Secondary: Defense Vs Posture Change (Down), Stun
- Tertiary : Intimidate, Blind
2.) Increase the amount of secondary defense ( block, counter, dodge ) given in the master box so the total in the profession is around 90-100. This gives more choices because it makes the old combos less necessary for defensive stacking of secondary stat. This also means we're going to reduce TKA toughness to only slightly higher because their secondary will be closer to the cap.
3.) Skill Set Abilities that focus solely on applying a state are going to have their combat queue delay reduced as well as their damage being reduced to bellow an auto attack but have an increased chance of applying states, to around 140, which is slightly higher than cap. But fighting someone at cap will still a greatly reduced chance to apply ~ 40-50%. These specials will also have half their action cost removed and put into mind.
4.) Going to remove the chance to lower posture from pikeman meleeHit1-3.
5.) Give some other professions some more love for melee/ranged defense and toughness
Pistoleer - high melee defense, low ranged defense.
Carbineer - medium melee, medium ranged
Rifleman - low melee defense, high ranged
TKA - medium Melee / medium Ranged / High Toughness
Fencer - high Melee / high Ranged / medium Toughness
PIkeman - medium Melee / medium Ranged / High Toughness
Swordsman - Medium Melee / Medium Ranged / Medium Toughness ( highest dmg )
6) Allow for specials to be used while berserking. Ensure Berserk and Center of Being cannot be used at the same time.
7.) Increase the Mind Cost for CoB. Decrease Damage While in CoB.
8.) Look at the defense modifiers for prone, kneeling. Might increase their ranged defenses to make the lack of mobility a better trade off.
9.) Ensure taunt works properly. Though Rescue will be the better tanking threat tool.
So, please leave me your thoughts. There are some technical hurdles I will have to clear before this goes live, such as making sure everyone gets their skills updated.