Defensive Stats Redistribution and Balancing Plans

A place to discuss the various professions in EiF.
Anishor

Re: Defensive Stats Redistribution and Balancing Plans

Post by Anishor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:57 am

Seedyjee wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 pm
is this going to be accomplished by modifying the weapons damage/delays on the abilities or by adjusting their speed/damage during crafting?
Right now carbines/rifles/pistols are kind of setup like this from the weapon crafting stats..but melee are all the same at the moment.
This is accomplished via abilities.

Anishor

Post by Anishor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 am

Bean wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:36 pm
I have a couple questions.

Right now, if you hit an enemy with multiple posture down effects, it will force them to stand. Will this remain true, and an intentional strategy for forcing riflemen out of cover?

Also, what effects will professions like bounty hunter, ranger, and commando have on defensive stats?

Edit: Additionally, right now, most commando weapons use block as their defensive state. Is this going to carry forward, or can we expect changes?
That is a bug that I'll be working on trying to correct. The professions will only deliver the defenses they currently have and will not contribute to state defenses. As for the heavy weapons the revamp that's something I'm discussing with Halyn. The pistols should use dodge and the rifle weapons should use block. The Flamethrower and others I'll have to see.

What would the community like to do with this? Make them all block or dodge? ( Not gonna use counter attack for heavy weapons )

QRRegicide

Post by QRRegicide » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:05 pm

Anishor wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 am
What would the community like to do with this? Make them all block or dodge? ( Not gonna use counter attack for heavy weapons )
I'd much rather they didn't have a defensive effect at all and had hilariously high damage.

Bean

Post by Bean » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:09 am

If rocket launchers and the others are going to stay as they are, a stack of "uses", then defensive stats might not be necessary. You fire one, then switch back to your primary weapon. Not really useful in one on one, but useful in groups.

Flame throwers, it's a little weird. Block makes some sense, as it's basically a specialized rifle. I guess it would depend on whether the flamethrower stays a high speed weapon or not.
Kanten Kania (Wiley Old Man)
Darrando Rivet (Has Rancor, Will Travel)
Koga Veki (Showtime)

Anishor

Post by Anishor » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:51 am

Bean wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:09 am
If rocket launchers and the others are going to stay as they are, a stack of "uses", then defensive stats might not be necessary. You fire one, then switch back to your primary weapon. Not really useful in one on one, but useful in groups.

Flame throwers, it's a little weird. Block makes some sense, as it's basically a specialized rifle. I guess it would depend on whether the flamethrower stays a high speed weapon or not.
They will be staying consumable.

Bean

Post by Bean » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 am

Then it would make sense to me that they either don't have a defensive stat, or use block. If it's a brief interlude between attacks from the normal weapon, it's not going to be great in solo combat anyways. But in a group situation, with some coordination, I think rocket launchers would be great against walkers and emplacements. Maybe acid launchers would be more useful against high-end creature mobs?
Koga Veki (Showtime)

Anishor

Post by Anishor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:36 am

Bean wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:30 am
Then it would make sense to me that they either don't have a defensive stat, or use block. If it's a brief interlude between attacks from the normal weapon, it's not going to be great in solo combat anyways. But in a group situation, with some coordination, I think rocket launchers would be great against walkers and emplacements. Maybe acid launchers would be more useful against high-end creature mobs?
I'll have to take a look if it's possible for it not to have a roll for one of the secondary defenses.

Anishor

Post by Anishor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:37 am

QRRegicide wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:07 pm
Great, I don't think you really have any idea what you're doing and I hope it works out.
Fair enough and thank you.

Halyn
Site Admin

Post by Halyn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:31 am

With consumable heavy weapons, you don't actually ever unequip your regular weapon, so that defensive modifier stays in play. For example, if you're playing carbines/commando, and you use your rocket launcher, your Counterattack stays in play the entire time.

Bean

Post by Bean » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:33 am

I am very curious as to what will make rifleman useful and desirable in the future. It seems like they're being gimped for the sake of being gimped, but I suppose that's a discussion for another place.
Koga Veki (Showtime)