Grouped Mission Payouts

Community Written Guides and Other Helpful Things
Deklen Caliban

Grouped Mission Payouts

Post by Deklen Caliban » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:28 am

I'm not sure if this has already been reported, but I wanted to just in case it hadn't been.

Yesterday I joined up with my alts in a group so that I could bypass having a droid called since my alts were already gathering resources.

My alts were on the same planet but were quite a distance away. They definitely weren't in range of receiving any of the payout.

My main was declared as an Imperial Combatant and I was running faction missions out of Imperial Outpost on Talus.

After I grouped, I took my 6 missions and began clearing them.

I noticed that the system message wasn't broadcasting that I had received the entire payout, and said that "Reward credits have been transmitted to the bank account of all group members in the immediate area."

I checked on my alts and they weren't receiving any of the payout. I was receiving payout, but only at the rate as if all of the team members were nearby.

So I decided to disband the group and finish out the last 2 missions I had. The behavior of the reduced payout continued on the last 2 missions even though I wasn't grouped.

Fearing I was bugged, I tested 6 more missions by myself and found that the payouts were as they should be.

So it appears that if you take any missions in a group where certain group members are not in the vicinity when the missions are completed, the following problems occur:
1: Reduced payout to the players completing the mission; no payout to members not in the vicinity (missing credits)
2: Existing mission payouts bugged after leaving the group (missing credits)

Workaround
1: Don't group with players when getting missions if they won't be in the vicinity to receive their share of the payouts
2: If you do get into a group and these problems starting happening, leave the group, delete the incomplete missions you got when you were grouped, and then get new missions as a solo run or with a droid.

dalolorn

Re: Grouped Mission Payouts

Post by dalolorn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:05 am

Not a bug - it was introduced by SWGEmu a while before EiF launched, and I'm not aware of any plans to roll it back. Only people who are close to the mission site actually receive their share of the payout.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Deklen Caliban

Post by Deklen Caliban » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 am

But why doesn't it default so that it only gets divided if there are others nearby. This is splitting up the reward, but the split money is going nowhere.

Example:

Player A is grouped with Players B & C
Players B & C are on a completely different planet
Player A takes a mission for 9999 credits
Player completes the mission and receives a payout for 3333 credits
The remaining 6666 credits just disappear into thin air?

I was always under the impression that it would default to where the person that was within range would get the entire amount

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 am

You'd have to take it up with the SWGEmu team. As I understand it, they made the change in order to discourage solo groups - which is also why Halyn has chosen to keep it that way.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Somehow the code remembers that the missions were taken as a group. You likely got a higher mission due to being grouped. I finally got a faction pet to group with and left it at the starport to get the high level Jantas for the blood.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Vast

Post by Vast » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:57 am

I never did like the whole "solo groups" model. I feel like this is a necessary evil.