New and Improved Crafting Macro

Guides to playing EiF are here. These can even include links to outside sources which are compatible to EiF. Look for the Master Guide Listing to be stickied at the top.
ruuk

New and Improved Crafting Macro

Post by ruuk » Sun May 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Summary:

This is a new crafting macro that I wrote to address the things I found frustrating about grinding a crafter. The advantages over previous crafting macros are as follows:
  • You don't need to select crafting tools.
  • No changing schematic numbers.
  • Not effected by network lag.
  • There's no loop running, so you can pause to chat or walk away without dumping a macro.
Setup:

Setup can be a bit complicated, so I have provided two different ways to do it. The easiest is to paste the macros directly into your macros.txt file. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Shut down the game ... all copies of the game (all the way out).

2. Run Notepad as an Administrator. (To do this, find the shortcut for Notepad in your start menu. On Windows 7 it is located in Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. On WIndows 10 it is in Start > All Apps > Windows Accessories > Notepad. Right-click on it and choose "Run as Administrator".)

3. Open your macros.txt file. (To do this click on File > Open. Browse to your profile directory. EmpireInFlames stores this in a different location than other SWGEmus. The path should be something like this:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<computer username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SWGEmpireInFlames\SWGEmu\profiles\<EiF username>
Of course "<computer username>" should be replaced with the name you login to your computer with and "<EiF username>" should be replaced with the username you login to Empire in Flames with.

4. Copy the CRAFTY MACROS by selecting the block of text below and pressing CTRL+C

500 CRAFTY_Initialize CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter0
501 CRAFTY_Crafter0 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot12;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter1
502 CRAFTY_Crafter1 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot13;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter2
503 CRAFTY_Crafter2 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot14;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter3
504 CRAFTY_Crafter3 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot15;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter4
505 CRAFTY_Crafter4 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot16;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter5
506 CRAFTY_Crafter5 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot17;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter6
507 CRAFTY_Crafter6 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot18;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter7
508 CRAFTY_Crafter7 CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/ui action toolbarSlot19;/m CRAFTY_crafter_shared;/alias dct /m CRAFTY_crafter0
509 CRAFTY_crafter_shared CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/pause 1;/ui action defaultButton;
510 CRAFTY_crafter_do_next CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/dct;/pause 1;
511 CRAFTY_crafter_complete CMD_uitoolBar #ffffff /pause 0.25;/nextcraftingstage;/nextcraftingstage;/createprototype practice no item;/nextcraftingstage;/stopcraftingsession;/createprototype practice no item;/pause 1;/nextcraftingstage;/nextcraftingstage;/createprototype practice no item;/nextcraftingstage;/stopcraftingsession;/createprototype practice no item;/pause 1;/m CRAFTY_crafter_do_next;
5. Add to your macros. To do this, place your cursor at the very end of the macros.txt file in notepad. Press the down-arrow a few times just to be sure, and then press CTRL+V. Press Enter twice to add some blank space at the end of the file.

6. Save your macros.txt file by pressing CTRL+S, then close Notepad.

7. Start your SWG game client.

8. Make sure it worked. Open your command browser (CTRL+A), go to the macros tab and scroll all the way to the bottom. The last macro listed should be called "CRAFTY_crafter_complete". If so, let's continue. If not, you probably forgot to add a blank line at the end of the macros.txt file in Step 5.

9. Setup your toolbar. Move to a toolbar that has nothing on it, or remove everything from your toolbar. Place crafting tools on the first 8 slots on the BOTTOM ROW of your toolbar. Drag the macro called CRAFTY_Initialize to the F4 spot on the top row. Drag the macro called CRAFTY_crafter_complete to the F1 spot on the top row. See this image for reference:

Note: How you setup the top row is really personal preference -- the macros can be on whichever top row buttons you prefer --but this works well for me.

THAT'S IT. YOU SHOULD BE READY TO CRAFT.

How to Craft:

This is different from other crafting macros you have used, so it may seem odd, but it's easy once you get started. Here's how you do it:

1. Start by clicking on F4 (the CRAFTY_initialize macro). It will seem like nothing happened, but this sets some aliases you need.

2. Click on the first tool on the toolbar (should be on the bottom row in the F1 position). After this, you won't be clicking on tools anymore.

3. Choose the schematic you want to use and click Next.

4. Double-click to fill in the materials.

5. Press F1 on your keyboard (this should be the macro called "CRAFTY_crafter_complete". There will be a brief pause.

6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you are ready to train.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or improvement!

Edited: Fixed an error in CRAFTY_Crafter7 (Thanks for pointing it out, Megan :) )
Last edited by ruuk on Mon May 08, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chance Fizbin - Legitimate Business Man "Always bet on blue"
Dontaye ZmeeBro - Tattoo Afficianado
Ruuk Mha'Rhee - Scylla, Starsider, Liberator, Basilisk, Awakening, Reckoning
<CCC> <JAM> <RA> <RS> <LAG> <ORD>

ruuk

Re: New and Improved Crafting Macro

Post by ruuk » Sun May 07, 2017 6:47 pm

If you prefer to enter the macros through the in game editor I will post instructions for that here ... later.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Mon May 08, 2017 5:14 am

Hmmm, dropping the loop is something that never occurred to me... interesting.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Bleras Lorn - Weary Smuggler
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Do you have a version of this which doesn't destroy the item?
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

ruuk

Post by ruuk » Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Sandarie wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 pm

/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/createPrototype;
/nextcraftingstage;
/stopcraftingsession;
/createPrototype;
/pause 1;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/createPrototype;
/nextcraftingstage;
/stopcraftingsession;
/createPrototype;
/pause 1;
/m CRAFTY_crafter_do_next;
Last edited by ruuk on Wed May 10, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 am

ruuk wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 pm
Sandarie wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 pm
If you want to actually craft the items (i.e. not use Practice Mode, edit the macro CRAFTY_crafter_complete and change every occurance of "/createPrototype practice no item;" to "/createPrototype". I haven't tried it, but I think you should be in business.

/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/createPrototype;
/nextcraftingstage;
/stopcraftingsession;
/createprototype practice no item;
/pause 1;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/nextcraftingstage;
/stopcraftingsession;
/pause 1;
/m CRAFTY_crafter_do_next;
Mind you, as someone who's done this a little while ago, I must warn you that this is a bad idea if you need to experiment on the product.

(Also, Ruuk, you haven't replaced all the 'practice' commands from your code there...)

ruuk

Post by ruuk » Wed May 10, 2017 4:35 am

dalolorn wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 3:51 am
Quote removed
Mind you, as someone who's done this a little while ago, I must warn you that this is a bad idea if you need to experiment on the product.

(Also, Ruuk, you haven't replaced all the 'practice' commands from your code there...)
Yep you will miss the opportunity to experiment, which is why the question surprised me, but I do see some appropriate uses for it, and while I had never done it before, I wound up doing it today.

There are some things that don't need to be experimented, such as musical instruments and smuggling tools, and particularly on a new server, factory time can be in short supply. I think I may sit down and craft up some Flow Analyzer Nodes, Weapon Upgrade Kits, and Survival Knives to grind with.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 am

Smuggling tools, basically all Ranger items that I've seen so far, and subcomponents where quality is unnecessary.

I wonder if it's possible to make a schematic via macro...

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Wed May 10, 2017 6:02 am

I am using this for two purposes. One is to get XP, while grinding out somethings to sell. I had to think about it awhile before I asked for this, for exactly the reasons you stated. You can't experiment. But if you are wanting to make say, Pyollian Cake, it takes sweet cake, and you can't experiment with it.

Granted I will be making factory runs of the sweet cake, but that doesn't give you XP.

I can't remember the other reason :/ However, it works pretty nicely.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager