It was a long night ((OOC stuffs

Smallcorners

It was a long night ((OOC stuffs

Post by Smallcorners » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:33 am

Please do not be afraid to comment on the series.

In general, what I write is from Eti's point of view, and what I am gleaning during the RP. She does not know everyone, or everything. Eti may be a bit young, and naive, considering she is an empath from a sheltered culture, but she is not stupid. Nautolans are not typically violent, so the few that people do meet in the universe are ones that generally do not fit in at home.

This is how I try to portray her, she will grow. I am also trying for a bit of gentle humor where it seems appropriate.

Also, as this is based on events that happen on Port Jato, and considering what Eti, may, or may not, hear or understand, there will be little reflected here from her planet side activities that are not in direct relation to the station. I am also going to withhold things that I may have overheard as a player from the other side of the bar, or conference table, but that realistically she would not have. No meta-gaming juiciness here!

Enjoy!

Smallcorners

Re: It was a long night ((OOC stuffs

Post by Smallcorners » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:37 am

And I see that this got posted under journals, rather than stories, silly cross pathing from other locations.

sigh

Oh, forgot to mention, that IC reactions, can be posted, of course! But anything that will become an interactive forums RP should be moved to a separate thread..

((Is it possible to move this to the Story OOC section, please?

Thank you!

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 am

Zeppy and Nalth, not Zeppy and Nash. Silly Eti. :P
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Smallcorners

Post by Smallcorners » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:08 pm

For some reason I keep calling him Nash, so I am going so just say that is how she heard it! I was there healing him, looking at him, and still calling him Nash. *headshake*

Smallcorners

Post by Smallcorners » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 am

Yes, yes, this in the wrong spot, someday it may mosey over to where it belongs.

Remember that I am writing from her point of view, so she does not see, or hear everything, even if I do. She does not know everyone's name, and she has her own opinions.

Usually I do not actively ask for feedback on my stories, people give it separately when they do, or I hear them reference it in some way. This one though, it was rough. The RP was tough, I was shaking, I write what I feel, I feel what I write. And for many of the things I write, I actually do know what it feels like. For the rest? Obviously I have a good enough imagination to fill in the blanks.

I had to address what happened to her, the DRAMA, that occurred seemingly out of the blue. So, not only do I want a refund of that die I bought on Jato, because clearly it sucked on personal rolls, but I wanted to apologize for some of the intensity, and the bad spelling from my shaking hands at the time. Poor Diferi was the unplanned and final straw.

PTSD is one of those things that can lie dormant until the right set of circumstances triggers it. Those triggers can sometimes change. And most certainly stuff can build until just the one thing that is normally shrugged off happens.

But how to write that without making the piece so dark, or so short considering the spacing of the things that happened on Utapau? Really, we spent a lot of time not doing the 'exciting stuff', even if the individual RPs were great, because they were, and funny too. When someone breaks, it is not funny, not fun, and terribly hard and trying. How to put across that what happened to her was not a cry for attention?

It could have not happened, or not that way. I need to also keep in mind how she, and I, feel during and after each of these battles. Renell said he was working off adrenals, did not let Eti even touch him until he nearly collapsed on her at the bar. This RP, writing that story was very much the same. There are some personal reasons, and they are not letting me go yet, which is why I am typing still (!) at one in the morning. And why I prattled in the NR discord all day like a nut.

Working off adrenals indeed.

It needed to be lightened, and as I am also trying to bring more understanding of Eti, for you, and me, how could I bring the reasoning for a break in psyche after what should have been a better week for her, despite the stress? I have hinted at her past, and we recently turned up a new player that did not know much about Nautolans, or some plausibility there. I reread everything I had read before that was official, glanced at the SWOrigins stuff and ignored most of it except for the few ideas and facts that did tie in with the data I had, and had seen/read myself in several formats. Atlantis HO! Sort of, maybe.

So I wove in her story, glimpses of Glee Anselm, the Fisherman's bit of awesome, Dana's re-introduction, and as many names and faces as I could stuff in to keep the tension tight, but not drive you away. There was more, there is always more, and trust me the climb down that cliff was scary as hell, even for pixels!

And it was still dark, and I am very sorry for that, but I truly do hope that the "One is Missing" also enlightened. I am also very glad that someone finally took my OOC suggestion to put her out of all your collective miseries before eardrums bled and bacta tanks shattered.

Character building is a bitch, I love it.

Thank you.

Renell Conrads

Post by Renell Conrads » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:51 pm

I loved that refrain, "one is missing." It took on so many shades of meaning.