Resources

A place to discuss the various professions in EiF.
Savacc

Resources

Post by Savacc » Tue May 23, 2017 2:01 am

Besides adding Taanab, have resources or resource spawns been changed on EiF?
Will I encounter any surprises?

About Taanab, how did you add a new planet? Does it have the same resources as other planets - Taanabian Fiberplast, Taanabian Animal Bones etc.?
Do the "random" resources spawn on Taanab - steel, allum, copper, iron etc.? Will this affect the "normal" way these resources spawn - some of these spawn on 8 of 10 planets "normally", others 1-3 planets? Is it now 8 of 11 or some other way? Will JTL resources spawn on Taanab?

Did you up the "Fixed Pool" of resources for Taanab, the "Native Pool"? Did you add more to the "Random Pool"? After adding Taanab resources what is the total resources spawning on EiF.

Sandarie

Re: Resources

Post by Sandarie » Tue May 23, 2017 5:38 am

Things work exactly the same.

Tanaab was added by one of the same SWGEmu developers. It does have resources. My chef got a huge amount of leathery hide of very good quality from the The Great Herd POI. So many nerfs!

The random spawns are all there and it follows the same rules as for other planets. I don't have the exact numbers you are looking for about the number of planets spawning a resources. If JTL resources are spawning on other planets, they should spawn on Tanaab. I'm pretty sure I heard someone say JTL was spawning.

i don't know what is meant by "fixed pool" and "Native Pool", so I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue May 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Lunariel wrote the first guide on resources and we are just following in her footsteps. http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70

As I always point out when I use this link, I am not the author, I copied the post from the old SWGCraft to the new SWGCraft to ensure it did not get lost

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:15 pm

With today's update containing the EIFScript pushing resource updates to GH it answers a lot of my questions about what EiF is doing differently with resources than the Emu.

With respect to Tanaab. Tanaab does follow all the rules for resources as any other planet. On random resources, they have same chance to spawn on Tanaab as any of the original 10 planets, ie Tanaab is now 1 of 11 possible planets for random resources to spawn on, instead of the 1-10 on the Emu.

Some of you may be looking at this and thinking, "This Savacc guy isn't real bright is he? How else would they code a new planet?"
Well, the original code has 3 ways resources spawn: on one planet only, on 1-3 planets and on 8 of the 10. Let's use the 8 of 10 example. EiF could have left the original 8 of 10 code in place and simply given Tanaab an 80% chance to also have that resource. That would mean we would see 9 planets with these resources, most of the time. BUT, EiF did not do it that way. This was not easy to determine until today.

Something I strongly suspected, but is now obvious: EiF has way more random resources, maybe twice what the Emu has. I can't just add them up and tell for sure, because I saw at least two resources listed as still being in spawn, that I know are out of spawn and have been for a couple days (I was mining them).

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Savacc were those "out of spawn" resources the type of resource that would be on multiple planets?
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:53 am

Wow I am really slow to respond here. The answer to your question above is yes. One thing I did not take into account before is the Mandalorian resources. They appear to spawn out of the "random pool" as we can have 2 or 3 Mandalorian Steel in spawn or none at all. Which would indicate they are not in the "Minimum or Fixed pools" at all.
I still believe there are far more random resources than the Emu and more resources overall not even counting Tanaab.