Carbineer

A place to discuss the various professions in EiF.
arckez

Carbineer

Post by arckez » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello
So I am new to the server and have been playing galaxies since beta. I had taken Carbineer as my main choice for range combat. But I have noticed that the action bar goes quickly and the only skill i was using was overcharge shot 1? Any chance they will fix this or will Carbineer be a action hog.

Thank-you

Smallcorners

Re: Carbineer

Post by Smallcorners » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 pm

Hello Arckez, welcome to EiF.

First, you may want to join our discord in addition to asking here, while we are a very active community, not everyone looks here quite as often, and many of those read rather than answer.

As for your question, you will notice that the bar does go back up rather quickly, so it should not stay low. Especially if you have a good drink in you, and a weapon better than starter or looted. The action cost has been that way for as long as I have had carbineer, but I also confess to not being very combat oriented, and definitely not a numbers watcher.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:59 am

The action and mind bars generally go down pretty quickly, regardless of your preferred weapon type (you also take more damage to them, but they don't incap you). It's part of the way the game's balanced, that's all.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Zaarek

Post by Zaarek » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:20 pm

A little late to the discussion, but what you'll want to shoot for as a carbineer is a weapon that has around 30-40 SAC. For PvE. Of course, you'll want to use Accaragm food buffs to raise your Action, and reduce the SAC costs for your abilities. In PvE, I also use Action reduction PUPs. So with a 30-40 SAC weapon, an Action reduction Power Up, and a double shot of Accaragm, you'll be set to full auto mobs at your leisure.

PvP is a little different, however. If you want to chat, I'm @Zaarek in Discord.