Hearts Like Ours (Liath and/or B'ellus)

Write in your Journal. These are IC for the writer, but OOC information for the reader. Share your personal adventures with others. Give them a peek inside the character they might not otherwise get to see.
Bekkah

Hearts Like Ours (Liath and/or B'ellus)

Post by Bekkah » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Borders and horizon lines
We're alone but side by side
We're yet to dream
We're yet to dream
Nothing here is what it seems
Ah ah ha
Ah ah ha

There's an animal inside
There's a fear that won't subside
Of all the things I'll never do
Will I ever follow through?
There's an animal inside
There's an animal inside

Half awake and almost dead
Keeping empty beds elsewhere
We're yet to bleed
We're yet to bleed
All the time and energy

Ah ah ah
In silence
Ah ah ah
In silence

Could we try to reinvent
Feed the head with common sense
Through the streets and avenues
Climbing up the walls with you

We're yet to bleed
We're yet to bleed
All the time and energy
Ah ah ah
In silence
Ah ah ah
In silence

Leave this place behind
In silence
And the weight we find
Inside us

Lead me to the edge of night
'Til the dawn, the end of time
'Til the fire blazing light
Shines again within our eyes

We've yet to bleed,
We've yet to bleed
All the time and energy

We've yet to bleed all the time and energy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqUJdcCjUIA

Bekkah

Re: Hearts Like Ours (Liath and/or B'ellus)

Post by Bekkah » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:55 pm

*encrypted audio recording*
The voice sounds human and female, a medium pitch and smooth Coruscanti accent.

SAS-5Y, why'd you let HER record first? She's being all... emotional. Ugh! Song lyrics!
Can you even believe it?

But it does show your recording feature is functioning optimally, which is what we were looking for. You've been a most educational project, dear Sassy. And good company of late, as it seems we've neglected a social life along with ANY medical and health advice that Doctor Azrathiel gave us.

Yes, I too have nightmares.
And drink caf and take stims to stay awake and avoid them.
Our nightmares overlap.
No, I really don't have friends among this group. A mentor, acquaintances, but no friends.
But I get time in the light. I get time outside.
I have a hope to one day exist on my own.

Our work with you, Sassy, will help with that. Or so I hope. And so does she.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:13 pm

The voice this time sounds similar but sadder, tired, and with a Corellian accent.

Fine! Criticize my taste in music. I'll drink caf WITHOUT SWEETENER! Ha! No, kidding, we have to get calories somewhere.

I just like the thought of bleeding time and energy. You know? Life cuts you and hurts you and... you bleed. Time and energy. And so much of that song.

Keeping empty beds elsewhere. It's been ages since I went to Cari's place... er, our place, on Naboo. Some good memories there, and it's a lovely house in a lovely city. It's been a long time since I've stayed at Cari's place here. Or is it Cari, Jaz, and Gaki's? Hm. Just reclining this chair when I need to crash for a few. Even my bed here is empty.

The nightmares. I was hoping they'd start fading. It's been months now, since Renell got us out of... that place. And undid the things. Sometimes the dreams haven't been as bad, and I know it's because people are helping out. Whatever that brain surgery did, I think it may have damaged some things. I know some folks who could help but they're so far away right now and I'm not able to get away from these projects long enough to find them.

Do we know any droid engineers? SAS-5Y, I think you need a chassis, so you can experience hugs. Hugs are great. I miss them.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:11 pm

There is a pause and series of clicks. The voice with the Coruscanti accent speaks.

I love visiting Kuat. It's so civilised, just being there sets my nerves at ease. And knowing a few people there is helpful as well.

We both agree that SAS-5Y could do with a mobile form, for interacting with sentients. And we have very different ideas of what that form should be. Sassy herself has not weighed in on the decision, as she states she has no comparative data on the subject.

Though it's known for shipbuilding, one can acquire other items on Kuat. And so we have gotten a used droid chassis with which to experiment. Sassy shall have her needed data. Also, we hope, she will interact with other beings and understand better her role.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:13 pm

The Corellian voice starts off.
There was a speederbike race on Naboo. I remember racing. Back before Mayeve was born. Kaadara, I think. I remember liking it, almost as much as flying.

The Coruscanti accent chimes in.
We seem to have lost the talent, though. Our score wasn't high enough that I'd even want to try again. It's too bad that cute green fellow didn't do well and his bike started misbehaving. He's a rather handsome one. I think both of us would like to get to know him better.

And the Corellian accent speaks again.
Indeed. He is. Cari was there, looking amazing. But, as usual, she only had eyes for Jenn. Sometimes, when I can't keep my eyes open any longer to work, I think of her and wish we were snuggling. And sometimes, when the nightmares are crowding around but haven't quite taken me yet, I remember the others. I don't even know if they are alive. If I hadn't blown the whole thing years ago, I might not be alone.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:02 am

The voice with the Coruscanti accent sounds thoughtful.

There was a time we were unified. Yes, separate, looking at the same situation from each of our points of view, but one within this body. Sometimes I was more in charge, sometimes she was. I'm not sure if it was the surgeries or the other manipulations but I didn't reintegrate properly after last summer's... adventure. Or maybe she didn't.

We were two different people at one point. Before that monster and his experiments. Two lives. I sometimes wonder what we could have become, each of us, had things happened differently.

I get the feeling her taste in men wouldn't be any better. And my luck with... anyone... wouldn't be better either. Maybe we're both in here for a reason. At least, a reason other than the machinations of a madman and his unethical bosses.

The good side? They're all dead now. I'm not. We're not.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Training an AI in ethics is a challenge. The voice with the Coruscanti accent speaks. And apparently carbon based life form ethics are different than inherent AI ethics. She honestly doesn't understand that it's no ok to tap into the internal security cams in peoples' homes unless they ask. Consent for security monitoring is... Well, most sentients under the Empire understood that they were monitored anywhere and everywhere, no matter what. Out here on the edge of civilisation, most understand that there is not monitoring unless they ask for it. Sassy is learning the difference.

The Corellian voice chimes in.
We've almost got her chassis ready, so that she can have a form with which to meet Agathon residents. I think she's looking forward to that. It must get lonely for her, talking to just us and some other localized computer systems.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 pm

The voice with the Corellian accent mutters:

Half my age plus seven. That's the rule. Half my age plus seven.

Screw it, I'm asking him out.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:32 pm

The voice with the Corellian accent sounds tired and discouraged.

Well, I screwed that one up. I don't even know why I try. I destroy everything I touch.

Bekkah

Post by Bekkah » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:47 pm

The voice with the Coruscanti accent sounds disgusted , thready, and exhausted.

We were so close to a breakthrough. We've been working so hard. But I didn't pay attention to what she was and wasn't doing and now we are too weak to even get water or food. Not going to be conscious much longer. Sending Sassy's mobile form out for help.

Yeah, Sassy. You know the carbon based beings you saw us associate with? Find one of them and get them to help us. And if you can...

The voice trails off and the recording cuts out a minute later.