[Imperial Holonet News Network] Imperial VT-49 Decimator Shot Down Over Jerrilek

The place for the latest news, gossip, and classified ads from across the galaxy! ((This is for sharing all things that you would search for ICly, as you would the RL Internet))
NOTE: Please tag the beginning of your post with the type of "information" being added; [News], [AD], [Gossip], [Bounties], etc.
Alhai

[Imperial Holonet News Network] Imperial VT-49 Decimator Shot Down Over Jerrilek

Post by Alhai » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:39 pm

<<An Imperial symbol appears on the screen>>

“My fellow Imperials, Lady Alhai Pavan and Lord Jaxon Pavan have been executed over Jerrilek in the Jerrilek System after being accused of multiple counts of Espionage and High Treason against the Galactic Empire. It is believed the two suspects were fleeing to the Deep Core from Kuat in hopes that the Imperial Naval forces would not pursue. Upon exiting hyperspace above Jerrilek, the two were stopped by an Imperial patrol.”

The Images of the I.S.S. Stalker from the cockpit of an Imperial TIE Fighter.

“When the pilots of the Imperial VT-49 Decimator, the I.S.S. Stalker, were told to power down their engines and submit control of their vessel to Imperial forces it began firing on Imperial forces. A battle then pursued as brave Imperial pilots attempted to disable the vessel and detain the suspects. Upon further scans taken during the battle, it was discovered the suspects had more than just themselves onboard. While it is still unconfirmed, there was evidence that the additional life signs were of their children, Karena Pavan and Ceneric Pavan. This information troubled the commander of the Imperial pilots, and attempts were made to disable the Vessel’s engines so that a boarding party could secure these civilian hostages.”

More images of the patrol pursuing the I.S.S. Stalker.

“Near the end of the space battle, the I.S.S. Stalker appeared to have turned towards the planet as if they planned to take the battle planetside. Knowing there was a chance that the suspects could escape, the brave Imperial pilots had to make a choice. Risk the safety of those on Jerrilek or destroy the I.S.S. Stalker. The choice was made. Imperials chose not to risk the lives of the citizens of Jerrilek and fired on the I.S.S. Stalker’s reactor. Moments later, the I.S.S. Stalker’s reactor went critical, causing multiple explosions throughout the ship. The ship then broke up during its descent into atmosphere, and the remains crashed into an unpopulated area of Jerrilek.”

Death of the I.S.S. Stalker.

“After the battle was over, the remains were looked over by Imperial investigators, and the debris was disposed of. The Empire has determined the crew was killed by the explosions and that the Jerrilek System is once again safe for civilian travel.”

Alhai

[New Republic Intelligence Report] Pavans' Death Over Jerrilek

Post by Alhai » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:05 pm

-Verifying Clearance Level
--Clearance Level Confirmed
---Opening Event Dossier

Event: Space Battle over Jerrilek
Date: 42:11:28
Participants: Imperial Navy, Crew of The I.S.S. Stalker

Total Deaths: 7
-Three Imperial TIE Pilots
--TP-32-1
--TP-32-4
--TP-41-2
-Crew of The I.S.S. Stalker
--Alhai Pavan
--Jaxon Pavan
-Two Civilian Minors
--Ceneric Pavan
--Karena Pavan

Summary: Declared enemies of the Empire by Imperial Governor Yrexia Drelathor, the Pavans were attacked while enroute to the Deep Core for reasons unknown. According to messages intercepted from the governor to his agents in the region, this was his second attack on the family. The prior attack took place in the Corellian System a few standard days prior to the battle. It is likely the Pavans were not aware of their criminal status prior to the battle over Corellia, where the two were forced to land planetside for repairs. After repairs were complete, the Pavans then fled the Corellian System.

Upon reaching the Jerrilek System, the Pavans were greeted by Imperial forces who proceeded to fire on the vessel without warning. There is no evidence that there were any attempts at establishing communication between the two parties before or during the battle. Despite being caught out of hyperspace by the Imperial Navy, the I.S.S. Stalker managed to kill several TIE figthers before taking serious damage itself. Before the Stalker’s reactor went critical, the Stalker began to head towards the planet of Jerrilek. The ship however did not survive as the reactor went critical during its descent towards the planet. What was left of the ship was broken up during the debris descent into the atmosphere. Any crew of the Stalker would have likely been dead long before the debris hit the surface of the planet.

A follow up report will be made in the following weeks to confirm whether or not the Pavans were truely guilty of any crimes against the Empire.

Author of The Report: Srogi Opra, New Republic Intelligence Officer