Play this but still play other servers too?

Xille

Play this but still play other servers too?

Post by Xille »

I would really like to try this server out but can I still play on other servers too without re-downloading other updates?
I have been playing on Basilisk for a few months now. I like a lot of the ideas of this server and want to try it out, but I still want to be able to play Basilisk too. Will I be able to play on both servers without having to update to that server each time I want to switch?
Cael

Re: Play this but still play other servers too?

Post by Cael »

You can.

Take a copy of your SWGEmu folder and call it something else. I called mine "Starsider" because why not?

Then extract the EiF patch to your new folder. Run EiF but using the SwgEmu.exe file in the new folder, run other servers by using the SwgEmu.exe in your original SwgEmu folder.
Xille

Post by Xille »

That works! Thank you very much! I am now playing on both servers. :D
Halyn
Site Admin

Post by Halyn »

Cael wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 6:05 am You can.

Take a copy of your SWGEmu folder and call it something else. I called mine "Starsider" because why not?

Then extract the EiF patch to your new folder. Run EiF but using the SwgEmu.exe file in the new folder, run other servers by using the SwgEmu.exe in your original SwgEmu folder.
Thank you for suggesting this. It's the best way to handle playing on multiple servers. It's not like SWG installs take up a lot of room...