So many questions, I thought General was the best place to ask.

Talk, talk, talk.
Arkham

So many questions, I thought General was the best place to ask.

Post by Arkham »

Hi all,

I joined EiF a while ago. LOVE IT!!

I love the changes to the combat, profession and armor systems.

I've got a bunch of questions though.

Housing- I understand all player housing must be placed in a player city (zoning rights required).

1) What happens to a player's house in the following circumstance?

Place a City Hall. Place houses in city limits. City Hall is destroyed either through lack of funding, or a crazy mayor nukes it? Will the houses ultimately be destroyed or will they function properly as long as player maintains the house?

2) How many citizens are required to maintain a city with shuttle?
3) Is there a list of houses available in game?
4) Are all houses available to Architect, or are some only looted? Not including the Dathomir housing.

Armor- I love that this isn't Composite Armor Galaxies...

1) Armor type doesn't matter, just the materials used to craft it.

2) Is it bad to wear a complete suit of armor?

3) Armor attachments must be used during the crafting process? No sockets in armor?

4) Can armor be sliced? Just a Master Smuggler to slice for best results?

5) When should I repair my armor and weapons?

Vehicles

1) Are ground vehicles all the same speed?

Badges

1) Is there a list of the available badges?
2) Does Hoth have any badges?

Creature Handler

1) Are BE pets better then wild pets?
2) Does the "baby" tag in the pet name change when it is fully grown?
3) Is the player required to do anything to make the pet grow or does it mature to fully grown automatically over time?

Professions- General

1) Are the profession boxes accurate for all professions and classes?
2) Are the skill descriptions updated and accurate?

Tons more, but I've gotta get back to work.
AgentOrangeJuice

Re: So many questions, I thought General was the best place to ask.

Post by AgentOrangeJuice »

I'm going to try to answer what I can and hope that I don't get any of it wrong. :P

Housing

At the time of this posting, houses currently stay where they are if the City Hall poofs. I don't know if that's something that's going to change with the upcoming patch to add house packup.

I think it's 20 citizens for a shuttle, but I'm not 100% sure.

There's a partial list of available structures here, but it's been pretty well expanded since that was written. Some of the NGE houses have been available, a couple of the smaller bunkers, ship houses, a few more NPC structures that weren't available on Live...and probably a few others I'm not remembering.

Off-hand, I can't think of any structures that are currently looted, though some do require acquiring a schematic before they can be crafted. Bunkers and spire houses can be bought from the factional Warfame vendors. Things like ship houses, windowed houses, Watto's junk shop, hangars are occasionally available during holiday events.

Armor

Correct, any armor can be made good here. The type is largely a cosmetic choice (though I believe factional armor does gets a small boost to resists. But you're definitely not gimping yourself if you choose, say, Padded over it.)

Encumbrance was recently changed here to make it so wearing a full suit is actually viable. It averages encumbrance based on the number of pieces you wear, so wearing a full suit will give you almost the same encumbrance as a mini. Ballpark, anyway.

Correct, AAs can only be added during crafting.

Armor can be sliced. I'm going to assume Master Smuggler gives you the best results, but I'm not one, so yeah.

Stats begin to degrade at a certain point, which I want to say is at or around 50%. Even if it's not I tend to repair my gear around the 50% mark anyway. When I remember to do it. :P Though it can be repaired at any point before it hits 0.

Vehicles

They vary a little bit. IIRC, swoops and speeder bikes are the same, x-34s are slower. T-16s are the fastest (like super fast), but have the caveat that you can only call them near a garage. And so far they've also only been available during holiday events. You can also get T-47s and Cloud Cars from the New Republic and Imperial Warfame vendors respectively that operate the same as T-16s, but are slightly slower. They're both still much faster than your standard speeder, however.

Badges

Here are...probably most of them. Chandrila and Kuat have added a couple more since then, and I'm sure some of the upcoming planets will as well.
Though Hoth doesn't have any badges, I don't believe.

Creature Handler

I unfortunately don't know anything about CH, so I'll have to let someone else answer these ones. :P

Professions - General

I'm not actually sure where the descriptions lie at the moment. I know some of the descriptions hadn't been updated, and a few had been changed recently, but I'm not sure which ones are right and which ones aren't. As far as the stats and granted abilities shown in the Profession trees, I believe that's all accurate.

Check out the Friday Features if you haven't already for more information. Some are a bit outdated, but in a way that's good. It means things are changing and progressing here. ;) Discord and the in-game Galaxy Chat are probably the best places to ask questions as you're usually more likely to get a response there. The downside is it's then hard to find information that's been posted.

Anyway, I hope that answered at least some of your questions. And welcome to EiF!
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised."

Dramatis Personae:
  • CDR Davyn Jassik; Starfighter Pilot, NRSC; Human Male from Ralltiir
  • Jenniveve K'Barrek; Troublemaker; Human Female from Thyferra
  • Iashha Clan-Venex; FIRE
Arkham

Post by Arkham »

Thank you very much for the reply AJO. VERY HELPFUL!

I'm aware of Discord but went with asking here for exactly the reasons u mentioned.

hanks again. See you in game
Seedyjee

Post by Seedyjee »

AgentOrangeJuice wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:20 am

Armor

Correct, any armor can be made good here. The type is largely a cosmetic choice (though I believe factional armor does gets a small boost to resists. But you're definitely not gimping yourself if you choose, say, Padded over it.)
Just a minor thing on this..It doesn't really get a boost persay..just the resist part of the experiment is already done..so it already gets the 5% you *could* get from experimenting..allowing you to boost the armor durability instead. Factional will still cap at 55% like all others pre slice.
AgentOrangeJuice

Post by AgentOrangeJuice »

Thanks for the clarification, Seedy! I figured I was probably getting something wrong with that. xD
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised."

Dramatis Personae:
  • CDR Davyn Jassik; Starfighter Pilot, NRSC; Human Male from Ralltiir
  • Jenniveve K'Barrek; Troublemaker; Human Female from Thyferra
  • Iashha Clan-Venex; FIRE