How to get started?

Talk, talk, talk.
palateswap

How to get started?

Post by palateswap »

Hello! Haven't played since original swg so I've forgotten most things, but it seems like you do things differently here anyway.

Started on Rori so flew to Naboo, but theres no weapons on the market so I'm not sure where we are supposed to get equipment and whatnot to get started, can anyone help?
Arkham

Re: How to get started?

Post by Arkham »

When looking for anything, you'll want to use the Vendor search function on the bazaar. Very little, if anything, is sold through the bazaar. Hit the player cities for player made equipment.

Your starter gear should be good enough to make some credits to upgrade. It's pre-cu, but not vanilla pre-cu... No need for buffs. You can kill alot right off the bat.

Join the discord for real time question/answers. These forums are ded dead.
liesmyth

Re: How to get started?

Post by liesmyth »

Welcome to Empire in Flames!

While the forums are pretty quiet, our Discord is much more active and can help put you into direct contact with folk (like Arkham previously suggested). EiF has quite a few changes from original SWG, and a lot of differences from SWGEmu. One major thing to note, is that you will find much more activity in player cities than you will in the NPC ones. For a breakdown of what you can expect to see done different here, check out this list made by one of our community members: https://sites.google.com/view/solcomining/eif-changes

Both Eventide Trading Outpost on Dantooine and Broken Bridge on Corellia sport extensive vendors hubs with a lot of starting gear options, as well as entertainers, so you may want to head to one (or both!) of those towns to check things out.

Feel free to ask any other questions. If you do join us on Discord, you can reach out via the General Chat channel, or message me directly (@Mina/@Liesmyth#4643).
Mina - Chief Intelligence Coordinator, New Republic | Forward Scout, Expansionary Fleet
Lucia Vesper - Administrator, Eventide Trading Outpost | Contract Manager, Port Jato | Caretaker | Future Babushka