Well i never

Talk, talk, talk.
echuta51

Well i never

Post by echuta51 »

What can i say?. as it is now the 20/12/21 i came across this server last week, after some trouble of even installing this branch of the emu, one knows that when you start from scratch you start with only the shirt on your back no money either. So one has to start by doing what one can to make it up the tree as to speak. Myself and my wife both have a computer PC, and with our work schedules 4 on 4 off can only log in when we can. So after 4 days we then find that YOU ban us. If i read the server rules right you can have up to 3 characters but knowing one can only have 2 on at any one time that is what we both did and mainly harvesting from surveys, and then manage to go out and do some mission to make a bit of money. So what possible harm are we doing to the server especially when the forums brag abut only having 150 people online, where does one suppose to start from nothing etc knowing that even trying to buy a back pack is almost impossible as nothing available, either way we got banned and so be it, if this is how you govern your server then no doubt it will die a lonely death. Both myself and my wife are SWG verts from the 2003 original game and know our way round the galaxy and find that SWG offers a reward for ones own mental health. So we thank you for allowing us our 4 days.
EccentricM

Re: Well i never

Post by EccentricM »

Hey, not a staff member, but it's possible they did not know you and both your wife played. It's likely not anything in game you did, but rather, having one than one account under the same IP, the admins may have assumed you were a single player using two accounts against the rules to have more character slots.
AKA - MatthewStarWars (SWGemu)
nodders

Re: Well i never

Post by nodders »

echuta51 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:24 pm What can i say?. as it is now the 20/12/21 i came across this server last week, after some trouble of even installing this branch of the emu, one knows that when you start from scratch you start with only the shirt on your back no money either. So one has to start by doing what one can to make it up the tree as to speak. Myself and my wife both have a computer PC, and with our work schedules 4 on 4 off can only log in when we can. So after 4 days we then find that YOU ban us. If i read the server rules right you can have up to 3 characters but knowing one can only have 2 on at any one time that is what we both did and mainly harvesting from surveys, and then manage to go out and do some mission to make a bit of money. So what possible harm are we doing to the server especially when the forums brag abut only having 150 people online, where does one suppose to start from nothing etc knowing that even trying to buy a back pack is almost impossible as nothing available, either way we got banned and so be it, if this is how you govern your server then no doubt it will die a lonely death. Both myself and my wife are SWG verts from the 2003 original game and know our way round the galaxy and find that SWG offers a reward for ones own mental health. So we thank you for allowing us our 4 days.
Well, that was... a read. I strong suggest you get in the Discord and reach out to the administration to explain that you aren't multi-accounting, but are instead two people. It's very much a rule that you can't multi-account, and if you didn't tell anyone that you were two people, then you can't really reasonably get upset that you got banned for it.

Again, simply pop in the Discord and ask to talk to someone about multiple accounts, and you'll probably get it sorted quite quickly. Well- it's Christmas time, so maybe not SUPER quickly, but, yeah.