a starters experience

Talk, talk, talk.
hephi

a starters experience

Post by hephi »

hi, created an account today, logged in at coronet, nobody there, no tools on the market,
went to find the player city up north, nobody there, found survey tools on the market but no crafting tools,
wanted to survey but lacked the skill

no survey, no crafting, gave up on the game and returned to Basilisk

I think most people when they try something out they don't invest much time and when the basics fail for them they move on,
at least that's what I do. Maybe put at least some starter tools on the coronet market and an artisan trainer somewhere visible (maybe I missed that one).
dalolorn

Re: a starters experience

Post by dalolorn »

hephi wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 am hi, created an account today, logged in at coronet, nobody there, no tools on the market,
went to find the player city up north, nobody there, found survey tools on the market but no crafting tools,
wanted to survey but lacked the skill

no survey, no crafting, gave up on the game and returned to Basilisk

I think most people when they try something out they don't invest much time and when the basics fail for them they move on,
at least that's what I do. Maybe put at least some starter tools on the coronet market and an artisan trainer somewhere visible (maybe I missed that one).
Okay, I'm going to cover each point here in order:

1) Nobody is ever in Coronet (most of the time, anyways). Most people tend to operate from player cities now - Broken Bridge, north of Coronet is a decent option. (Now that I've reread your post, I guess there was nobody in BB. This isn't all that unusual, either, though I'd have expected Talon to be performing in the cantina.)

2) In a similar vein, nobody uses the Bazaar - you can use the Bazaar terminal's "Vendor Search" functionality to find a vendor with what you're looking for, but you can probably find those in Broken Bridge too.

3) All the trainers are exactly where they were on Basilisk. The only difference is that Combat Medic trainers have been replaced with Surveyor trainers. (Surveying is no longer part of the Artisan skill tree, nor is Artisan absolutely required for a crafter.)

4) Whenever you run into a problem, your best bet is usually to ask around in GalaxyChat (ingame chat channel, you automatically join it) or on Discord (https://discord.gg/uvNrseC). Even if you can't figure out where in the galaxy they are, there's usually someone around who you can talk to.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter